cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy a tri-merge credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I buy a tri-merge credit report?

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy a tri-merge credit report with all three updated Ficos?

Thanks,

happygal

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Where can I buy a tri-merge credit report?

As far as I know only a lender can pull a trimerge report

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought there might be some companies that would sell to a consumer. Have written to a few of them via their websites but have not heard back yet.

Thank for your reply, TTR.

Message 3 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought there might be some companies that would sell to a consumer. Have written to a few of them via their websites but have not heard back yet.

Thank for your reply, TTR.

Lenders get their trimerge reports from a credit business services company. Those comapnies do not sell any services directly to consumers. The only way to get that report is to have a mortgage originator pull your credit.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not too long ago, I was hearing from Wells Fargo loan officers that they were being pushed to have a certain number of credit pulls.  If you don't mind dealing with sales people, reach out to one and they may pull it for you without cost.  It will count as a hard inquiry though.

When I was a LO, it cost me less than $20 to pull a person's trimerge.  

Message 5 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

A trimerge credit report  has the a trade line that has been reported to all three bureaus is reported as one trade line.  The problem is you cannot tell which bureau or bureau(s) contributed to the trade line data.  My use of a credit report it is better not to have trade line data merged it makes it easier to find credit reporting issues.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen some of their sample reports online and they don't seem complicated. I've heard from these two companies who both said they do not sell to consumers.

http://univcredit.com/pdf/Sample_credit_report_w_RBP_trimerge.pdf

http://www.avantus.com/samples/AvantusCreditReport.pdf

I guess my FICO scores here are going to be the closest I'll get to seeing what my loan officer sees.

Just bumped up to the 3B reports and I have a 635EQ, 591TU, and a 569EX. Seems like they will never, ever get to where I need them to be for a 640 USDA loan. Perhaps adding another secured card will give them a bump up.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 7 of 11
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

It sounds like you are rebuilding.  I would pop over to the rebuilding forum share your details of your baddies that are holding your score down and get some advice on what to do to grow your score.

This should be your top priority at this time and worry about score or trimerge reports after you clear up your report 

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports have been as cleaned up as they are going to be. One collection dropping off in Apri 2016 and one charge-off dropping in March 2015. Other than that all I have is my Cap One secured card with perfect payments for 7 months now.

So do I open another secured credit card hoping for a boost or take the money and save it for appraisal fees? Wanted to purchase by the end of this year but it is obvious now that won't happen.

So that's it...those are my two choices.

Message 9 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

There are two aspects to rebuilding your credit:  1) repair the damage and 2) new active tradelines in good standing.

You said you have done all that is possible for the first part (repair), now it is time for you to rebuild. You need more tradelines. Ideally you would have 3 tradelines paid on time for at least 12 months where two of the tradelines report zero and one reports a small balance less than 9% of the credit line. The rebuilding section has more detailed info.

Your score won't increase without showing the new tradelines.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.