cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Lender's buy-down compares to NACA?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Which Lender's buy-down compares to NACA?

According to the rep I just spoke to on the phone, NFCU discount points costs 1% of the loan and each point reduces the interest rate by .125%.  Does anyone know of a lender with a better buy-down program? I know NACA's buy-down is also 1% but you get.25% reduction for each 1%. However, NACA's long drawn-out process is not very appealing.  Is there a lender with a comparable buy-down similiar to NACA?

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $6K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Lender's buy-down compares to NACA?

Not to give you a sales pitch, but I doubt you'll find a buy down program that matches ours.  Also, don't forget that if you use the 15-year loan each point buys the rate down .50%. Make sure there's no PMI too. The program really is worth the time you invest in it.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Which Lender's buy-down compares to NACA?

@NACA_Online wrote:

Not to give you a sales pitch, but I doubt you'll find a buy down program that matches ours.  Also, don't forget that if you use the 15-year loan each point buys the rate down .50%. Make sure there's no PMI too. The program really is worth the time you invest in it.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Ok I did not know that if you use the 15-year loan each point buys the rate down .50%.  I'm just worried that with all the missed closings and slow responses from NACA that I've read about I would find a dream house and loose it.  To complicate matters, I would be living in a different city than the city I would buy in.  From what I've read, that would not be an ideal situation for NACA.  Can you offer any advice on how to avoid problems in my situation?

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $6K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.