cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which "prepaid" items can be rolled into my mortgage?

tag
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Which "prepaid" items can be rolled into my mortgage?

Hello, we are building a house within the next couple of months, and our builder is paying all of our closing costs. Once we read down through the fine print, we were able to determine that this did not include any of the usual prepaid items.

So my question is which of the following can be rolled into my mortgage, and do any of these numbers seem out of place for you? I don't fully understand what each of them even is, but I think I get the gist. The sale price is $357,990, and we are doing FHA. The loan cap for our area is $353,750.

Interest (15 days) - $820

Mortgage Insurance Premium - $334

Real Estate Tax Escrow (4) - $1,721

Hazard Insurance Premium - $2,339

TOTAL PREPAID - $5,214

I know $5k probably doesnt sound like a lot, but this is our first home, so we are putting most of our savings into the down payment.

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Which "prepaid" items can be rolled into my mortgage?

you cant roll in costs or prepaids.

seller can pay them though

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So with an fha loan the seller can pay some of the closeing cost if they want?
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

For the seller to pay part of the buyers' closing costs and pre-paid expenses it has to be specified in the purchase and sale contract.

OP, the mortgage insurance premium you specified is the monthly amount right? Not the UFMIP? If it is the UFMIP then that amount is particularly low.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.