Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's mid score will be used for VA Loan

tag
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

Who's mid score will be used for VA Loan

I have a mid score of 657 and have a higher income, and my spouse is out on a w/c injury but with a mid score of 704. Who's score will be used.

Also we have a home already, and are considering buying a 2nd home, and selling our existing home.  Does anyone no anything about the buyers up programs that builders are promoting.  Are they good or bad?? 

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who's mid score will be used for VA Loan

I was going to use a VA loan for my first mortgage. I ended up using citimortgages. In the end of it all my payments were 80 dollars less.

To anwser your question I belive it will be yours unless she is the veteran.
Message 2 of 6
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

Sorry I was not clear.  My spouse is the Veteran with the 704 mid score, and out on w/c injury.
Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

VA has no score requirement, it's credit history based.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 6
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

Okay when you say credit history based.  Will they be just looking at if we are current on our existing debt. 

We have some lates on our current mortgage, but have been current for the past two years.
Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If your credit history is clean for the past 24 months then you should be fine as far as the credit history is concerned... then the only other factor is debt-to-income ratio.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.