cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be able to qualify for a mortgage?

tag
lookingforahome35
New Visitor

Will I be able to qualify for a mortgage?

1. Credit. Current credit scores are EQ-591  EX-, and TU-600   These should come up very soon as I have recently payed off all my credit cards  and just keeping a $50 balance on one card that I pay in full each week (I purchase my gas and pay it off then charge again and pay off).  I have had some problems in the past and I currently working to resolve these issues by sending letters of dispute for inaccuracies or things that should have removed.
  2. Income. $47,859 is my gross income. I also receive monthly child support
  3. Source of income.  My income is from a salaried position where I have worked for 8 years
  4. Monthly debt payments.  Car payment $575 (newly purchased)  Student loans $289   Finance company loans 1 for $160 and 1 for $150 
  5. Employment My income is from a salaried position where I have worked for 8 years, my highest level of education is 2 Masters Degrees
  6. Assets/Reserves.  no assets or reserves
  7. Location.  Kentucky
  8. Property.  single family home
  9. Value.  $145,000
  10. Occupancy.  Primary residence.
  11. Transaction Type.  It is a purchase

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Will I be able to qualify for a mortgage?

Without using any child support income, your debt to income ratio would be pretty high on a $145k sales price - around 56-57%.  An underwriter would be hard pressed to qualify at such a high debt ratio with lower credit scores.

How much is the child support income and how long will it continue for?  In order to use it to qualify you must receive it for the first 3 years of the mortgage.

FHA financing needs a 3.5% down payment.  Conventional needs a 5% down payment.  Kentucky has a state housing agency that can help with down payment assistance - http://www.kyhousing.org/page.aspx?id=297

However with a USDA rural housing mortgage you can do 100% financing, but need to purchase in an eligible area.  You can check which area are eligible at http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do?pageAction=sfp&NavKey=property@11 ... there is also an income limit which the total household income can't exceed, that amount varies depending on what county/area you are buying in, but the lowest limit in Kentucky is $74,750 for a household size of 1-4 people.

What were the balances/limits on the credit cards before you paid them off?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.