cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will becoming an AU help me with mortage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will becoming an AU help me with mortage?

I've benn living with my parents since my divorce and plan on hopefully moving out next spring or summer. If my scores aren't quite where I want them to be at to get a better rate my dad will let me become an authorized user on one of his cards. His scores are in the 750 range. I prefer to do this on my own and I can but maybe not quite where I want to be score wise. Im sitting at 629 mid right now. I want to be minimum 700. Can I get a mortage loan being an AU? And if so after I colse on the house I will have him take me off of it. I don't see where that would hurt me since I already would be in my home.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will becoming an AU help me with mortage?

An Underwriter will look at your credit report and determine the amount of impact you being AU is having on your credit scores.....if you have a "Thick" credit file with many other Tradelines, then it would have little impact on your scores...However, if you just one or two new accounts and and an AU account that has a 20 year history, it will have a tremendous impact on your scores and they may require it be removed in order to get a "True & Accurate" idea of what your credit score really is.

Underwriters, investors and lenders have seen have seen it all....They know all of the "Tips & Tricks" and they know what to look for.

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.