cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohooo Navy Federal Just approved my pre-approval

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Woohooo Navy Federal Just approved my pre-approval

One obstacle down in my goal for my first home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Applied for Pre-approval on June 3, 2011 and received no contact with Navy FCU, called after no response and told they were not able to pull my Equifax report due to fraud alert.  Called loan officer after fraud alert was removed and asked if any info need please call.  Received no call back or response other than a information letter that my credit report was pulled..Still no contact with Navy Fed. Loan officer said she needed to mail me a form to write an explanation on why I was late for 60 days on my student loan in 2006.  She said she knew it was due to deferral, but I still needed to write an explanation.  I email the explanation to loan officer the same day, no response for loan officer.  Thinking perhaps she never received the email, I mailed her the letter of explanation to her.

Called loan officer and asked if she needed any further info to call me...No return call.   Day 12 with no response or any contact, call loan officer AGAIN asking if she needed any info, was she able to pull credit report.  FINALLY a return call informing me the loan was approved and that I should received an email and can go house hunting.  Twenty four hours later and still no email, called inquiring regarding email and leaving msg on loan officer voice message in case my email address was lost.  Still waiting for email, but EXCITED that is was granted, now I can go house hunting as soon as I receive the email.

I thank God that I am where I am now, think back to 3 years ago, credit jacked up and in debt.  I didn't even have a credit card, I knew that I had my work cut out for me in order to have this dream to own my own house.  Cleaning my credit up and getting out of debt became my part-time job. Thank God at the time I was able to work on my computer for job work and clean my credit for own hour. Alternate working and cleaning my credit up, faxing letters to collection agencies and writing so many letters.  Thank God I was able to fly under the radar there undetected.  My first credit report I pulled my credit score was 508, when lender pulled on June 3, my TU-808, Experian-762 and Equifax(?) Myfico showed me 750, while Equifax stated that was NOT my credit score. They have a new system and I could find my score for a fee!

Sorry for rambling, I am just so excited that my dream of my house is so close to me.... Back to saving for closing until then. Hoping I will be as fortunate as other posters who closed with $0 of out pocket cost.

Your Latest FICO® Scores
Offical FICO Score Seal
TransUnion
Date: 9/16/2009
Buy Today's Score
Equifax
Date: 9/16/2009Your Latest FICO® Scores
Offical FICO Score Seal
TransUnion
Buy Today's Score
Equifax
Buy Today's Score
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Woohooo Navy Federal Just approved my pre-approval

Nice going!

Helping people with Mortgages (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
In Irvine, CA and lending in all 50 states

Information that is needed to determine if you qualify for a mortgage

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.