Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!!

We have finally closed on our home!!!!!!!

Praise God!  After about a year of repairing our credit and learning as much as possible from this and other websites along with a 4 month long short sale process we are now exceedingly joyous homeowners :smileyhappy:  We closed 06/01/2012 ...this past Friday.

Thank you to all that have had encouraging words along the way.  

We purchased our home using the USDA Rural Guaranteed Loan with a mid score of just 620 and have an interest rate of 4.25%.  No down payment (of course :smileyhappy:and we paid just $277.45 in closing cost. We were able to get the sellers to pay the rest of the closing cost which included a 1 year home warranty. 

5br/2bath in a great neighborhood

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YES!!!!

Congrats!!!!!! Hoping t join your ranks in about 45-60 days Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it : )  We started out in the very low 500's and then went up to a midscore of 649 before it dropped to 620.  I just praise God that though he allowed our score to drop in the process of applying he still made sure we got the minimum score which was 620.

All we did to raise our score was add three credit cards (two Capital One's and an Orchard Bank card) and I was able to get one of my unpaid charge off accounts deleted (Chase).  We did end up paying our other charge off accounts before closing on the house.  If we would of had a score of 640 our lender would not have required us to pay the charge offs which is crazy.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!
Message 4 of 25
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! Who was your lender?
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! So super happy for you!!! And such a beautiful home!!!! LOVE it!!! Enjoy!!!!

Message 6 of 25
Ugghh
Established Member

Congrats Blessed!  Enjoy your new house....

ps...  thanks for the help with chase!

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Praise the Lord! Congrats , May God Bless You in Your Awesome Home!!!

Message 8 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://http://www.afrmortgage.com/#null

@UpmyscoreinFL wrote:
Congrats!! Who was your lender?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.