Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yah!!! Lender pull was higher than MyFico

tag
prollinsl
Valued Member

Yah!!! Lender pull was higher than MyFico

This has been a long 2 years.  I finally pulled the string and had my LO pull my credit and to my astonishment it was in the 700ish.  I was floored, brought tears to my eyes. If you look at my signature you can see that MyFico was lower than lender pull.  I expected my scores to be a little lower than MyFico not higher but I'm so glad it was higher.  All my hard work paid off.  Thank you so much MyFico community for all the wonderful post... you have been my lifeline and you are what kept me going when all seemed impossible.  I had a lot of crying days working on my credit but when I came here you always made me feel like I can do it and I really do thank you for it. This board is a god sent!  We will be starting our house hunt this weekend I will keep you informed.

Starting Score: 611
Current Score: MyFico - TU 656 EQ 670 EX 669
9/30/14 Lender pull TU 700, EQ 711, EX 719
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Re: Yah!!! Lender pull was higher than MyFico

Awesome, congratulations! Enjoy looking for your new home!
Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 2 of 13
prollinsl
Valued Member

Thank you... I'm excited!

Message 3 of 13
andemalia
Contributor

Congrats !!! I;m really happy for you!!

We too are in the rebuilding process...

Would you mind sharing a brief summary of your credit picture as it relates to your credit score?

Our scores just climbed up in the 650/660s and were thinking to start the process in the 640s but now are thinking to way around early Spring of next year for 700s + scores because of this very reason: lender pull being lower then myfico...

We have 1 collection that is about 1 year 9 months old (1 year 7  months on another report), it's the newest/youngest delinquency. We have 6 CC and a car loan with perfect history. Our oldest CC will be one year old in a few weeks and second oldest will be one year old in december, the other ones are a few months old. The car loan is also one year old in december. Have many lates and a couple of charge/off from 2010 and prior.

Do you know what score model they used? sorry it's a lot of question.

Our credit union offers a 0 downpayment program for score 720 and up and we don't have a lot of cash stashed up, plus for a SFH you need at least in $400k-$450k in our area which is out of question with our current income, and $200k for a crappy townhouse that needs lots of TLC (probable what we would qualify for) so we would need all the cash we can gather  to make a place livable.

01/15 EQ 663 TU 669 EX 674 09/14 EQ 653 TU 635 EX 651
10/13 EQ 579 TU 580 EX 598
BoA 1.5k I Cap1Sec 0.6k I Cap1 QS 6k I Synchrony 1k I Barclays 1k
- Goals - Refi car loan 24% to 15% 12/13
Buy a home spring 2015: in progress; Pay off car loan spring 2016 balance $6200
Message 4 of 13
prollinsl
Valued Member

I started with scores in the low 500ish.  I was able to get 11 collections removed 3 where medical.  I paid the medical bills first and they deleted right away. Then I began working on my newest collection which was Asset Acceptance. I aggressively pursued getting it removed as it was the one that was harming me the most it was 1 year 5 months old (but that is because they were not reporting correctly but I didn't know that yet).  I sent in PFD's over and over to no avail so I just went ahead and paid it...  but get this I looked at my credit report after paying it (1 year 5 months came from incorrect reporting... Date Opened was May 2011), found a glitch.  On my EQ I saw that Asset was reporting a late payment in April 2013.  I had never made any payment arrangements with them nor did this date match anything I could find.  I called the OC to see if this date was from them and they couldnt find anything to do with that date.  I called Asset to ask why they were reporting a late payment and they couldnt tell me why but said they couldnt do anything to remove it, so I contacted the BBB and within a week it was removed, the one that was dragging down my scores the most was deleted from all three CB's.  Yah!!! . It took many letters but I was able to get 7 more collections deleted by sending in PFD letters.  I have never tackled my judgement.  I just figured time would be on my side with the judgement I had paid it way before starting my credit journey.  Whats left on my credit  is 1 paid collection (3 years old), 1 paid charge off (4 years old) and 1 paid judgement (5 years old).

Message 5 of 13
andemalia
Contributor

Oh wow!! You did awesome work!!! You truly deserve those scores to reflect your creditworthiness. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing some of your journey!! Keep us posted on how it goes, I will be checking back from time to time. I am still curious to find out what model your lender used if it's not too much of a hassle to get that info...

Cheers!

Message 6 of 13
prollinsl
Valued Member

I forgot to add whats positive on my CR

All paid on time and I keep my balances low on my cards, I never use more than i can pay in full utilization stay around 5%.

Car loan 1 year 18 months

Capital One 6 months

Fingerhut 6 months

US Bank credit card 6 months

Message 7 of 13
prollinsl
Valued Member

I will post the model my lender used as soon as I find out.

Message 8 of 13
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

it happens

congrats

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 13
andemalia
Contributor

@prollinsl wrote:

I forgot to add whats positive on my CR

All paid on time and I keep my balances low on my cards, I never use more than i can pay in full utilization stay around 5%.

Car loan 1 year 18 months

Capital One 6 months

Fingerhut 6 months

US Bank credit card 6 months

Wow, thats the one thing I have to work on, we usually keep our utilization under 20% actually between 9-14%. But once we can get this one balance down then we will be able to keep it way under 19%.

I bet you could a few points when you car loan gets to 2 years? I read of few points gain when positives and negative hit 2 years. Great job!! Thanks for checking on the score model. I wish there was someplace we could get those scores ourselves with those models so we know what they are before pulls by lenders...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.