cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about VA loan and spouse's credit

tag
ginarenee02

? about VA loan and spouse's credit

My husband is in the army and we are looking to get a VA loan within the next year or so, I have been working on repairing our credit and it has improved a lot!! His will be high enough for us to most likely get financed. Mine however right now is right on the edge with my middle score a little over 620. I'm thinking it will go up some in the next few months due to a few things dropping off. But anyways my question is, since my husband will be the one having to qualify for the morgage as he is the one in the military, does my score count as much as his? I know they have to consider it as we live in a community property state, but I am just curious if it has as much of an effect as his does?

Thanks for the help!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about VA loan and spouse's credit

If you are going on the loan, your score will count as much as his. In a community property state, he can purchase in his name only, but your debts will be included. When you are ready to apply, I would suggest you try to both be on the loan, knowing if your score will not work, it may need to be done in just his name.

Good luck, and thanks for serving.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.