Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice for putting in offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: advice for putting in offers?

@kayvee_ wrote:

This may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have any advice when putting in offers on a house? I've been putting in offers at 25K over asking price and I am getting beat. Maybe its the crazy market right now (SF Bay Area). I put in offers on two houses that were around 399-410K. One house got an offer for 90K over asking price. Smiley Sad  

I am pre-approved for $460K but tryin to not have to max out my loan. I am thinking of starting to put in offers 30-50K over asking if my budget allows. Is this normal? 

It is relatively common here in the SF Bay Area. Most all homes will sell well above asking price, and you can forget about sellers paying any closing costs. I felt blessed to get my home $8k above asking price last year.

But, since not all homes are listed at an accurate market price to begin with, this is where a good realtor can help advise you to make an accurate offer.

Message 11 of 12
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

Re: advice for putting in offers?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I plan on paying my closing costs to get the cheapest rates. Relocation is not an option born and raised in the area. Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.