Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bofa??

tag
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

bofa??

Has anybody used Bank of America for their purchase???
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: bofa??

Well,

Everyone on here will have opinions on BOA. Most people tend to be ok with them. I for one am not. In my line of work I deal with them multiple times a week and I can tell you their CS in the mortgage dept is awful. From "losing" documents to not returning calls... It's awful. Especially for people who really need assistance.

But that's just my .02

I'm sure many others have had positive experiences.

Message 2 of 9
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

Thanks for replying, I only ask because I'm buying a manufactured home and my options are limited. Would Wells Fargo be a better to go with???
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just closed with B of A on an investment property refi, could not have went smoother, closed weeks ahead of target. 

Message 4 of 9
elleng81
Contributor

My husband's mortgage was sold to them in 2006, so no experience with purchasing with them... but from our experience I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. We have had problems with how they post our payments (paying extra each month to principle), customer service, and incorrect payments for our taxes. I cant wait until we wont have to deal with them ever again.
Message 5 of 9
mygoal750
Contributor

I refinanced with BofA about 3 yrs ago.  My original loan was with Countryside, which was sold/acquired by BofA. The refi closing took 5 months!  The loan officer I worked with was absolutely terrific...always kept me updated, returned calls, jumped in to assist when he could, etc.  However, the closer I worked with was terrible.  I had to re-fax several items, and then when we were ready to close, they didn't review my escrow account so that delayed closing for another two weeks.  But, since then, I haven't had any problems with their servicing.  I think their website is a little limited, but user friendly.  I usually pay extra toward principal, too, and haven't had any problems with that. 

Message 6 of 9
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@dabolts_619 wrote:
Thanks for replying, I only ask because I'm buying a manufactured home and my options are limited. Would Wells Fargo be a better to go with???

The customer service representative from Bank of America mortgage dept. today informed me that per their new guidelines they are not currently lending on manufactured homes. I currently have my loan with them for my Mfd home, however, I was attempting to refinance with them and that's how I found out this information.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 7 of 9
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

so should I try chase, wells any recommendations????

Message 8 of 9
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@dabolts_619 wrote:

so should I try chase, wells any recommendations????

Wells was recommended as one to look into by another lender.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.