cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase asking me to "renew your insurance" without having mortgage with them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase asking me to "renew your insurance" without having mortgage with them?

Not too sure whether this belongs here but people here might be more experienced with this.

Basically got a bannar when logged onto chase website, which says "It’s time to renew your insurance [more info]".

[more info] is clickable and leads to this page (https://www.chase.com/personal/mortgage/homeowners-insurance-156) which says:

Your insurance is expiring soon.

As a reminder, please send us your updated insurance information once you’ve renewed your policy.

Why do you need my insurance information?

Insurance covers you if your home is damaged, but it also protects our interest in your property as your mortgage lender. Plus, you’re required under the terms of your mortgage to have insurance until you pay off your loan.

Problem is, I don't have a mortgage, with chase or anyone.

Already contacted them, anyone else have seen this issue and have any pointers to share?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: chase asking me to "renew your insurance" without having mortgage with them?

My guess is a website glitch if you don't have a mortgage I would ignore it
Message 2 of 3
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: chase asking me to "renew your insurance" without having mortgage with them?

phishing for leads?

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.