Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing almost didn't happen!!

tag
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

closing almost didn't happen!!

well my closing was scheduled for 12 noon today. the sellers only had to have the appliances(fridge, microwave, range & dishwasher/ (2) outside condensing units installed so the appraiser could inspect and sign off so the loan could fund. NOT!! the ac units were the only things installed when the appraiser came. got to attorney's office and they didn't even want to let me sign the docs so i could close in escrow. my agent raised **** and after phone calls were made to the owner, everyone agreed to let me sign my paperwork. attorney's assistant had just finished hud1 today and it was wrong. had me bringing $3475 to closing table. redid the hud 1 and had me bringing $375 to closing table instead of the correct $80. after all was said and done, i signed my documents. loan will fund and i get my keys tomorrow. all appliances have been installed and are working as of 6pm this evening. 

i think it was worth every bit of the wait Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: closing almost didn't happen!!

WOW, these Sellers sure be dragging their feet to the very last second. smhSmiley Frustrated  Yet, they want top dollar.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 2 of 3
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Re: closing almost didn't happen!!

@sewmuchdebt wrote:

well my closing was scheduled for 12 noon today. the sellers only had to have the appliances(fridge, microwave, range & dishwasher/ (2) outside condensing units installed so the appraiser could inspect and sign off so the loan could fund. NOT!! the ac units were the only things installed when the appraiser came. got to attorney's office and they didn't even want to let me sign the docs so i could close in escrow. my agent raised **** and after phone calls were made to the owner, everyone agreed to let me sign my paperwork. attorney's assistant had just finished hud1 today and it was wrong. had me bringing $3475 to closing table. redid the hud 1 and had me bringing $375 to closing table instead of the correct $80. after all was said and done, i signed my documents. loan will fund and i get my keys tomorrow. all appliances have been installed and are working as of 6pm this evening. 

Whoa!!  That's a little TOO much excitement at the last minute.  But congratulations!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.