Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing on USDA home loan 02/13/2015!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

closing on USDA home loan 02/13/2015!

Hello everyone,

I will be closing on my first house next Friday, 02/13/2015.  I received the "clear to close" from my loan officer yesterday!! I can't wait!  If anyone has any questions about the process please feel free to ask! It was extremely easy and painless!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: closing on USDA home loan 02/13/2015!

Yay! Congratulations! My husband & I are just beginning the 502 Direct loan process in Virginia. What state & which loan program did you utilize?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Missouri and I used the direct loan as well!  very easy process!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind sharing bits from your timeline? When did you submit your application & how long did it take to get the pre-approval letter? Also, how long was it to closing once you submitted a property?  I know that with different states the timelines won't be the same, but I'm curious how this upgraded processing system is working out for them. Thanks so much for your input. All the USDA stories I've found are from before the change, so I'm really happy to see you here!

Message 4 of 12
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Yay for you!!!! That is awesome news for me too, because I'm also in Missouri. Smiley Happy What office are you dealing with? How fast did things go for you? Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through USA Mortgage...Tina Ripple was my loan officer.  Things went extremely fast and moved very smoothly. 

Message 7 of 12
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Oh, that's a Guaranteed loan, no Direct. Enjoy your new home!
Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure you have a Direct loan? Going through USA Mortgage would make it a Guaranteed loan program. Either way, I'm happy for you.

I'd still like personal experience stories on the Direct program's timelines in 2015, so if anyone's reading this that did go directly through the USDA, please chime in! =D

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure!! I was pre approved on January 3rd for $160,000.   All I had to do was stop at the office and pick up my letter!  We probably looked at around 15 houses or so until we found one we loved and placed an offer on it on Janauary 12th.  After some quick responses from the seller we were able to settle on a price very quickly of $134,500.  the original closing date was set for 2-23-15.  we had the inspection january 19th, which went very well.  After that, we just had teh appraisal which also went well.  appraised at $138,000.  After the inspection and appraisal it was seriously smooth sailing all the way up until the seller requested the closing date to be moved to 2-13-15, which i of course agreed to.  I got the final word that I was clear to close on 02/05/2015!  I had nothing from the bank or USDA that I needed to do, in other words I had no conditions to fulfill, I just had to keep providing documents requested (IE check stubs, bank statements).  This process was seriously painless and without stress.. I highly recommend using USA Mortgage and my loan officer Tina Ripple.  She kept me updated every time something would change she is also knowledgeable and kept me at ease.

Once the property was submitted it took about 28 days or so to close (which would be next friday 2-13)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.