cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit check total log in problems.

tag
9estreet

credit check total log in problems.

Hello, I am new posting on this forum but I have been visting daily and love the info. I have a tough problem though. Heres' the problem from the beginning, with no abbreviations so i can be specific and get a specific answer. I was preapproved for a new construction home loan June 13th with a closing date of November 8th. During the construction my credit was going to be  "repaired". my scores were in the low sixes on all three bureaus. Well the credit repairman (lol) had me enroll in a website called Credit Check Total, it allowed me to receive Fako scores from all three bureaus. A helpful tool I was told by my realtor/advisor because he said that this model resembled closest what the loan officer would use. He said he liked the ability to be able to pull all three scores daily to come up with an advantageous time to process the loan. Well  I enrolled in it and cancelled it after one month. I didnt remember the  realtor/ advisor telling me to keep the program going the whole time of the process, but he says he did. Well last month I tried to re-enroll  in Credit Check Total and when I would go to pay, it would say that my application cannot be processed at this time due to no credit history from Experian, I knew this wasnt true because the "credit repairman" sent me a link to Equifax's credit monitoring service and they reported scores for all three bureaus'. I made numerous calls to Credit Check Total's customer service, an hour a call most of the time, and to no avail. They would refer me to Experian's website, then request a credit report, which I did. I dont remember talking to anyone at Experian because its mostly automated , you have to be lucky to get  a live person at Experian, I like my chances at winning the Powerball better than calling all 3 bureaus and getting a live rep in the same day on the first try. My last customer service call was with a rep at Credt Check Total and she walked me through the process online of going to Experian and seeing if my file had a freeze on it, we couldn't get a pin number so we assumed that there was no freeze on my file. She then asked me if I would like to enroll in a "second tier " monitoring service because she was no longer able to advise me on my Credit Check Total issues. This phone call lasted almost an hour. That took "the wind outta my sail" because I had been trying for like the last 20 days, every other day, on the phone , on the website, with negative results. My credit was being "repaired" during this time I thought, but in actuality the "repairman " didnt send the letters off untill after all of this had taken place so It would have had no affect on my file I would think. Now its "crunchtime " for me because all of my removed collections have came back from the bureaus and my scores have jumped up but i still cant get into Credit Check Total. The loan officer is not really stressing that I be able to get into it but my realtor/ advisor is. I like for things to go smooth and hate it when things get off course.  Any ideas, comments, suggestions or advice? I'm due to close November 8th and  and with the help of this website I'm ready on all fronts, finances, debt to income ratio, and etc. I'm not going to close late because of a seemingly small hiccup such as this. Some one please help either with the advice of another website that has daily pulls, or how I can get back into CCT. I asked a couple of the reps at CCT to "delete " my old information and let me start a new file but they said ths wasnt possible. How was I able to be a member in June and cant get in now? i know this is a lot of information but a problem such as this you have to be specific. Thank You in advance guys.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit check total log in problems.

Credit check total is cool, but if u need your reports so badly why don't you get them separately for now or pay for all three here on myfico? Maybe I don't understand. When my baddies were being fixed each bureau mailed an update if they were deleted or not. Unless any has been removed its really no need to pull your reports. Can you not pull your reports from the individual agency's? I know you dont want to pay each time but it seems for now you will have too unfortunately. However, maybe someone else can chime in to help solve the issue.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
9estreet

Thanks for taking the time to reply canny,yea but the thing is i need my scores. the deletes have alredy happened and i have gotten written confirmation from equifax and experian, im waiting on transunion, they should be arriving within the next couple of days, i think just by getting these delete reports that im entitled to another report but the scores are what i need and the ability to be able to pull them more than once i guess, according to my realtor/advisor.?tThanks again for your response.

Message 3 of 9
sr383
Regular Contributor

I don't understand why you need fako scores, much less why you'd pay for them. There are free sites that can give you a general idea how your scores are trending, and you can buy real scores (or get the right credit card/join the right credit union) for a more accurate idea of how you're doing..

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 4 of 9
9estreet

thanks for the reply sr383. im about to close on a house and i have been instructed not to open any more lines of credit, so thats why i  cant "get the right credit card" to get an idea of how im doing , plus i dont think they can write a loan based on a "general idea" of how my scores are trending. i know they are upwards of 700, but my realtor/advisor has  recommended i re-enroll. but your idea of buying more fico scores is good , long as its only once i guess. thanks for taking the time to reply. its an usda loan so i guess as long as im over 640 it doesnt matter where the scores are right, so i guess i can buy my scores once, then go to the loan office. this is my first time going through this process so im learning a lot about the steps from this website.

Message 5 of 9
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I don't understand why your realtor is that concerned about your scores.....to the point where you are going back and forth with a FAKO credit monitoring service.

When it comes to your credit, you should follow your lender's advice. Lenders can use a rapid rescore at any time during the lending process if they urgently need your score updated. It seems as if your LO doesn't feel the need for it, so I wouldn't sweat.

You are better off just monitoring changes to all 3 of your reports (and you can do that for free) than focusing on trying to get FAKO scores from one specific place.

Good luck!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 9
9estreet

Thanks for the reply frugal. I agree with all your points. I'm gonna "bypass" my realtor/advisor for a while next week after i get my deletes from transunion and see what he wants to do. Thanks for the advice.
Message 7 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

no other website sells fico scores..... they are fako scores.

myfico is the place to order your reports.

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 9
9estreet

Thanks for taking the time to reply Dallasloanguy, thats what im gonna do this week; (1) wait on my deletes from transunion. (2)pull my fico scores from this website. (3) go see my loan officer with the results. (4) Call my realtor/advisor. Thanks for the advice and being accessible. It means a lot .

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.