Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute removal

tag
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

dispute removal

Hey guys I'm working toward a mortgage and need some advice! During my rebuild I went crazy filing both legitimate and illegitimate disputes on a handful of accounts, on some of them I'm not even sure what I was originally disputing! I'm trying to see what kind of scoring impact this may have, and from what I've read on here there are only some disputes that need to be removed in anticipation of a mortgage, is this true? If so which of the following are examples of ones that need to be removed vs ones that can stay:

Barclaycard : 

Consumer disputes after resolution
Account closed by credit grantor(EQ)
Dispute Resolved - Consumer Disagrees(TU/EX)
Capital1 #1:
Account previously in dispute - now resolved by data furnisher(EQ)
Dispute resolved reported by grantor(TU)
Account Previously In Dispute - Now Resolved - Reported By Subscriber(EX)
Capital1 #2:
Account closed at consumer's request
Consumer disputes after resolution(EQ)
Dispute resolved; consumer disagrees/account closed by consumer(TU)
Collections:

Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act).

Account paid in full for less than full balance

DELINQUENCY DUE TO DISPUTED BILLING PROCEDURES.(EX)

Consumer disputes this account information Account paid for less than full balance(EQ)

Also, are consumer statements a factor?
FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
11 REPLIES 11
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: dispute removal

While it would be lovely to have nothing reflected concerning a dispute ANY that clearly says Dispute Resolved are fine. In fact any you have trouble getting dispute removed be sure and ask the CB to ADD the words “ Dispute Resolved “
Message 2 of 12
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@JVille wrote:
While it would be lovely to have nothing reflected concerning a dispute ANY that clearly says Dispute Resolved are fine. In fact any you have trouble getting dispute removed be sure and ask the CB to ADD the words “ Dispute Resolved “

What if it says "dispute resolved customer disagrees"?

Interesting thought, my EQ/EX are significantly lower than TU on fico8(but higher than TU on fico9), but EQ is ~10 points lower than EX, and now I'm wondering if they're scoring different due to the way the disputes are written:

DELINQUENCY DUE TO DISPUTED BILLING PROCEDURES.(EX)

Consumer disputes this account information Account paid for less than full balance(EQ)

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
Message 3 of 12
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Hey can an admin or moderator move this to scoring? I think it would be more beneficial there. Thanks!

@FinStar

@CreditCuriosity

not sure if ya'll can help

Message 4 of 12
JVille
Valued Contributor

You can request the CB to simply reword it to Dispute Resolved. And see if they will remove the customer disagrees. Does not hurt to ask but regardless i think think this is still ok. But ask others on the other forum
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had “dispute resolved-consumer disagrees” on three items on my credit report and I had to have all of the verbiage removed. My LO told me that any word involving “dispute” had to be removed—didn’t matter if it said “resolved.” I had to call the 3 CAs to have all the verbiage removed. The CAs would tell me it was removed yet when my LO pulled my reports it was still showing the dispute resolved message on there.

After a stressful back and forth process my LO did a rapid rescore to have the dispute remarks entirely removed and I was able to close on my home. My scores did not drop from having the dispute remarks removed because they weren’t in an active dispute however, if you have items in active dispute your score may drop after you no longer dispute them. Hope this helps!
Message 6 of 12
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@TyGonz that’s a huge help! Good to know it shouldn’t affect my scores! I may as well go forward with it! Thanks guys!

Message 7 of 12
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@TyGonz so funny story, so far my EQ has gone up 6 points since dropping dispute comments!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had “dispute resolved-consumer disagrees” on three items on my credit report and I had to have all of the verbiage removed. My LO told me that any word involving “dispute” had to be removed—didn’t matter if it said “resolved.” I had to call the 3 CAs to have all the verbiage removed. The CAs would tell me it was removed yet when my LO pulled my reports it was still showing the dispute resolved message on there.

After a stressful back and forth process my LO did a rapid rescore to have the dispute remarks entirely removed and I was able to close on my home. My scores did not drop from having the dispute remarks removed because they weren’t in an active dispute however, if you have items in active dispute your score may drop after you no longer dispute them. Hope this helps!

I had this issue with Capital One.  I repeatedly had all 3 CRA's remove a remark and it would reappear.  EQ suggested I called CapOne and have them remove it from their internal system. Cap One was not cooperative until I filed a CFPB and BBB complaint.  That coincidentally just closed as resolved yesterday.  We'll see if it reappears at the end of the month. 

Message 9 of 12
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had this issue with Capital One.  I repeatedly had all 3 CRA's remove a remark and it would reappear.  EQ suggested I called CapOne and have them remove it from their internal system. Cap One was not cooperative until I filed a CFPB and BBB complaint.  That coincidentally just closed as resolved yesterday.  We'll see if it reappears at the end of the month. 

Sounds like I may be in for a ride! I'm glad I'm handling this now rather than during the application process! Thanks for all the advice, experience, and suggestions guys!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.