cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effect of judgement on new house loan

tag
Established Member

effect of judgement on new house loan

I have sign all paperwork and the house is being built presently.  my credit score is 619 and i am trying to increase it, but i received a letter that a "judgement have being enter and docket against me for 1888.88"  presently it is not on my credit report.  how will it affect my closing which is due in 4 months.  ppppplease help me
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: effect of judgement on new house loan

The title company does a public records search, which they base on the information you to fill out in a "statement of information".  Additionally, you are required to disclose if you've been hit with a judgment.  If the judgment doesn't appear on the public records search by title, and only is on your credit, there are a few loan programs that wouldn't require it to be paid.  To get specific answers for your situation, you should speak to the lender who you've approved with.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.