cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does credit card account close due to inactivity affect your FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how does credit card account close due to inactivity affect your FICO?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently applying for a mortgage loan with BOA, and on the same day I recevied a letter from one of my long time credit card company (memeber since 1997) stating that they'll close my master card account due to inactivity for two years.  Now, at the time when I applied for pre-approval with BOA, my FICO was at 812 according to BOA.  My understanding is that before the closing of escrow, the lender will check my credit report one last time.  Do you guys think that this closing of account will affect my loan in any way?  I have about 7 or 8 cards total, and none have balance on them.  I've only used one on daily basis, but it's always PIF before due date.  Also, the one getting closed is not the card with longest credit history either.

I'm a little paranoid since this is like the 101th house that I've looked in the past 5 months, and one that I've actually made offer and didn't get outbid.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Message Edited by yacco on 12-02-2008 11:30 AM
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how does credit card account close due to inactivity affect your FICO?

Since you don't carry balances on your credit cards it won't affect your score.

The account will stay in good standing on your reports for 10 years from the date it closed.

You shouldn't be worried at all....

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you don't carry balances on your credit cards it won't affect your score.

The account will stay in good standing on your reports for 10 years from the date it closed.

You shouldn't be worried at all....

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Also, even if it did lower scores, at most it'd be a few points, and there is no difference in qualifying or rates between a 800 & a 812 score.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.