cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just hit the 3 year mark after my forclosure but still being turned away by lender..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just hit the 3 year mark after my forclosure but still being turned away by lender..

So I just hit the 3 year mark for my forclosure but wells fargo and bofa both told me to come back after 4 years. spoke with a loan broker and she told me seven years that I have to wait but I have read on here and a few other place that people our getting loans after 3 years so with that being said Does anyone know of a good Loan Officer after a forclosure in California?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cclee
Regular Contributor

Re: just hit the 3 year mark after my forclosure but still being turned away by lender..

Were you applying for FHA loans?

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: just hit the 3 year mark after my forclosure but still being turned away by lender..

Yes.. I appied for FHA and Homepath, I dont meet the income requirements for usda.

My credit history in a nut shell.

forclosure 10/02/09

short sale 08/1/10

bofa charger off /paid but  after charge off

bofa charge off/ paid but after charge off

hsbc charge off/ settled

capitol one  charge off/settled

bofa charge off/ settled

gm credit card/ ative no lates

car loan/ active no lates

wells fargo credit card/ active no lates

care credit, credit card/ active no lates

I have other accounts but theyhave been closed and were in good standing

My score for TU is 676 EQ 665 EX 659

My income is 117k year and very little debt

I just keep being turned away because of the Forclosure. 

so if you should know of a lender or broker that can make it happen let me know

Message 3 of 6
cclee
Regular Contributor

From what i've been told from a loan officer, is that to not even bother until it's 3 yrs past the foreclosure sale, you show yours was in October of 09'.  Did you miss payments on the short sale?  If the short sale went 120 days then I believe that FHA considers it a foreclosure as well, i'm not an expert but this is what i've been informed of when looking into buying after a foreclosure, I have to wait until Nov. of this year.  Oh and Homepath is a conventional loan, so that would be 7yrs post foreclosure.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 4 of 6
mrordinary
New Contributor

Yes, you'll need to wait until it has been 3 years to apply. My FC was in 12/2008. My first mortgage app was Dec 2011. Scores were too low, but the LO didn't even bring up the foreclosure. Recent app just went to underwriting. No questions asked about the foreclosure. We are doing FHA.

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 649EQ/640EX/642TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to find a lender who doesn't have overlays.  According to FHA guidelines, you qualify, however investors are free to have stricter guidelines to minmize risk.  But there are some lenders out there who don't have overlays.  You just need to call around and find them.  Its not easy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.