cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife and I plan to have sex after closing in every room. Gotta break it in. Lol

Ummm yeah but please put up curtains first Smiley Frustrated

Message 31 of 36
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

LOL!

I thought this was going to be a thread about why some places were rejected.

Someone makes a dry-erase wallpaper. That might be a good addition to my study room, in a few years.

oh no, this is definitely not a thread about that! lol

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm going to make dinner, annoy the kids, and relax with a cigar outside.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 36
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Thank you guys so much for this topic.  I was having a horribly depressing day yesterday, but decided to wake up today and enjoy the home I am so very lucky to call my own because of what you all have said here.

We closed last August, and right now it is spring, as we all know.  The lady that owned the house has done some serious work outside on the landscape.  Beautiful trees and flowers and grass.  Every day I get to wake up and see what is blooming!  The lilacs are so big that you can smell them before you walk on the property.

Major parts of the grass is dead due to no one taking care of the house while it was empty  (DANG Fannie Mae HomePath) and me being too lazy of a raker, and DH being too busy hunting the entire first month we moved in.  So we have aerated and thatched and spent over 10 hrs planting grass seed - It's not coming in very well, not sure what happened, so the luxurious lawn I imagined is going to have to wait another spring (Or we still have two weeks til it has been a month, maybe a miracle will happen).

I'm so proud of the house - I love it when someone comes over for the first time and I can show it off.  We all love living here and our lives are so much better than before - me:  Because I feel so proud and have less shame as a person with bad credit and no house.

I am still here on the forums hanging around and trying to pay it back, but also am sending out positive vibes to each and every one of you in the process of buying your homes.  Hang in there, because it will be totally worth it!   Remember, what's meant to be WILL be, and you have to just trust the process, trust your lender, your realtor, and most importantly, your GUT!  We backed out of a short sale after 3 months of waiting because our guts told is "This is not the house."  We were then led to this one (After some hard searching) and haven't looked back.  We closed 17 days after we put in our offer!

love y'all!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 34 of 36
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

For when the day eventually comes.

#1 Buy a Monopoly board game.

#2 Walk into empty living room with Monopoly board game

#3 Unpack Monopoly board game

#4 Open Monopoly board game

#5 Place a monocle on my left eye

#6 Remove all the Monopoly money and pile it up into both hands

#7 Throw the Monopoly money in the air and make it rain

#8 Clean up the mess

THIS.

IS.

AWESOME!

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 35 of 36
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Ooh, I almost forgot! I own a pool table. The poor thing has been in storage for 4 years now and I keep forgetting it even exists!

I'm going to set it up in the garage because, well, the Saturn is not worthy of something like a garage and the pool table is not worthy of the family room.. lol

When I bought the pool table, I cared more about it being regulation size rather than it being attractive. I really honestly hate the style of, but, it will be wonderful to have it out in the garage. Only thing missing then will be a kegerator..  Also going in the garage..  I know up in the north basements usually serve that purpose, but, as we don't have many basements here in sunny Florida, the garage is pretty much our basement.. lol

Also don't have snow, which I feel is the most pressing reason to have a garage. Smiley Happy

Yay! Beer and pool, I'll feel alive again!

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.