cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

tag
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

Re: lets put some fun back into home buying!!!!

@tasharn wrote:

I plan to teach my girls how to slide down the steps on a peice of card board! Smiley Happy

Adult plans: take up old carpet upstairs and take the hideous wall paper from the 1970s off the wall and paint! lol

gosh Smiley Embarassed i grew up in the midwest and we did that all the time for fun!!

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a fun thread!!! So cool!!!

1st I'm gonna unpack a WHOLE LOT OF BOXES!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to shine up my new stainless steel appliances!!!

Message 12 of 36
CalifBlueBird

First I will take in the view, wander the garden,  and give extended family the first tour.  Then I am going to take my decorating "before" pictures.  Then I am going to paint the living room, including the beams and boards ceiling, a soft white and whitewash the rock fireplace.  I plan on decorating in mostly white shabby chic / vintage cottage style and that is the first step to getting there.  I have a month to make improvements before I move in, so I will do what I can on my shoestring budget.

I close next week - and everything is good go.  yay!

Message 13 of 36
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What a fun thread!!! So cool!!!

1st I'm gonna unpack a WHOLE LOT OF BOXES!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to shine up my new stainless steel appliances!!!

That is the part I cannot wait for. I've had most of my stuff boxed up for 2 years waiting for a house closing that kept falling through. We've lived in a one bedroom place for 3 years now and we have an 18 month old. I have friends who keep offering to help us move whenever we finally have a deal workout, but, I tell them no thank you, I've been looking forward to this move for 2 years now and I will unpack every box myself... lol

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 14 of 36
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

First thing I am going to do is scream as loud as I can, because I have lived in townhomes or apartments my whole life.. well, since I was 7...

Then I am going to run upstairs, and jump up and down and make a ton of noise and not have the downstairs neighbor pound on the ceiling...

Then. I am going to roll around in the backyard; pending a check for any stray leftover dog poop from the last owner..

Then I am going to put up a basketball hoop, because I wanted one when I was 11 and my dad couldn't put one up at our rental..

I am doing all of this in the first 20 mins... ha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 15 of 36
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

First thing I'm going to do is hug my girls and cry, I'm sure. Then I'm going to unpack my Kitchenaid mixer and make chocolate chip cookies to munch on while we work on unpacking everything else. Smiley Very Happy Next thing will be getting my electric fireplace set up so we can relax that evening in front of it in our very own new house.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 16 of 36
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Keep 'em coming! I'm at work daydreaming lol!

The first thing I will do is lay down on the living room carpet. My wife will probably unpack all of our wedding gifts (mostly kitchen stuff) that we haven't been able to touch since we live in a one bedroom apartment with little space. Then, we'll shop for a fridge Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 17 of 36
SassyGirl5401
Established Member

The first thing I plan on doing is to go straight into the backyard and let the dogs play until they can't handle anymore. The second thing I will do is give them a bath because our backyard will be nothing but dirt. Smiley LOL Then my husband and I will stand in the kitchen in awe because holy cow we bought a house!

I cannot wait!

Message 18 of 36
FrugalRican
Blogger

For when the day eventually comes.

#1 Buy a Monopoly board game.

#2 Walk into empty living room with Monopoly board game

#3 Unpack Monopoly board game

#4 Open Monopoly board game

#5 Place a monocle on my left eye

#6 Remove all the Monopoly money and pile it up into both hands

#7 Throw the Monopoly money in the air and make it rain

#8 Clean up the mess

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 19 of 36
destiny36912
New Contributor

Ironically, I would love to own a house so I can purchase outdoor living furniture/decorations. I just love the idea of having a n entertaining area outside complete with patio furniture. I'm going to have nice glass of wine when that days comes. I can't wait!!!

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.