Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage removed credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

mortgage removed credit reports

Hi,

I was working with Key Credit to try and improve my scores. Unfortunately, all they managed to do was make a mess I am now digging out of.

They filed over 15 disputes and completely removed my mortgage from all 3 agencies.

I was able to remove all disputes and my credit scores have increased as a result.

However, I have been told that I am not eligible for consideration for preapproval until my current Mortgage is back on my report.

My Mortgage company sent a re-instatement letter to Equifax, TU and Experian over a week ago. They are telling me it should be back on w/in a week.

Equifax, TU and Experian are all telling me that my mortgage company needs to call them to get it back on and then it may take months.

Does anyone have advice? I need to get it back on quickly as we are waiting on preapproval and ready to make an offer on a house.

Thank you for any advice

6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: mortgage removed credit reports

Why does your new lender need to see an old closed mortgage to issue a pre-approval?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's my current mortgage that is missing.
Message 3 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I was working with Key Credit to try and improve my scores. Unfortunately, all they managed to do was make a mess I am now digging out of.

They filed over 15 disputes and completely removed my mortgage from all 3 agencies.

I was able to remove all disputes and my credit scores have increased as a result.

However, I have been told that I am not eligible for consideration for preapproval until my current Mortgage is back on my report.

My Mortgage company sent a re-instatement letter to Equifax, TU and Experian over a week ago. They are telling me it should be back on w/in a week.

Equifax, TU and Experian are all telling me that my mortgage company needs to call them to get it back on and then it may take months.

Does anyone have advice? I need to get it back on quickly as we are waiting on preapproval and ready to make an offer on a house.

Thank you for any advice

Unfortunately this is something that happens when working with a "Credit Repair" company. Hopefully you can get your current mortgage to report again. For the life of me I do not know what they could have said to have an active and reporting mortgage deleted from your report. 

Message 4 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
It's my current mortgage that is missing.

Well, that explains why they need to see it Smiley Happy

I agree with azguy - stay away from credit repair co's, they do more damage than good. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will stay away from them. They have delayed my approval and caused me so much stress!!

My score decreased from 650 to 595! And I paid them to do this Smiley Mad

Key Credit Repair..Stay away form them!

Message 6 of 7
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will stay away from them. They have delayed my approval and caused me so much stress!!

My score decreased from 650 to 595! And I paid them to do this Smiley Mad

Key Credit Repair..Stay away form them!

Why would you need credit repair with a 650 score? It seems like you were doing good on your own.  Which is a reminder:  credit repair companies can NOT do anything, or do it any faster, than you can do, for your self.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.