Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico mortgage update

tag
Obele1990

myFico mortgage update

Hello,

So I'm currenntly going through underwriting process for my home and I usually refresh my score the 7th of each month. This month I noticed that my mortgage scored jumped up on my Experian app which usually is an indication that my other scores will also increase as well. I have done a score refresh prior to my monthly subscriptions which actually updates on the 7th and I only show the Experian score updating and not the other two Transunion & Equifax. Is there a chance that if I refresh on my monthly update of the 7th that the other mortgage scores will update as it should or will the scores just stay the same? 

Anyone who is privy to this information or has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate it... set to close in 10 days. (I'm only shy of 2 points for the required goal needed of 620).

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFico mortgage update

Speaking for my findings EQ and TU can be several days behind EX. It is frustrating but for my findings "it is" ...!

What this means is their scores will not change until I get lucky and pull the reports after they updated and the actual time can vary from 4 to 10 days for me.
Message 2 of 9
Obele1990

Well this gives me hope! thank you so much.

Message 3 of 9
Meach7
New Contributor

You said you close in 10 days, but are you not locked yet?

What loan program are you in? 

Message 4 of 9
Obele1990

FHA for the loan, but in did a 2-1 buy down where the builder bought my interest rate down and also gave me more towards closing.

which helped.

Message 5 of 9
Meach7
New Contributor

Are you floating the lock though?  I just ask because you were interested in getting to 620 before close.

I'm glad they did the buydown for you, I've been a big fan of those lately. I had a seller agree to a 3-2-1 yesterday and the borrower's payment is about 600 less a month the first year. Crazy good if you're buying from someone willing to do it.

Message 6 of 9
Obele1990

Yes, I am I wanted to be at a 620 before locking in which I believe I should be there now, but yes I'm glad they did this for me.

@Meach7 wrote:

Are you floating the lock though?  I just ask because you were interested in getting to 620 before close.

I'm glad they did the buydown for you, I've been a big fan of those lately. I had a seller agree to a 3-2-1 yesterday and the borrower's payment is about 600 less a month the first year. Crazy good if you're buying from someone willing to do it.

Message 7 of 9
Meach7
New Contributor

Gotcha. Your LO should be able to do a soft pull to see if they have updated yet. 

Good luck!  

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Use CK (Credit Karma, sorry forum shorthand) to see if the EQ / TU data is updated.

The Vantage (VS) 3.0 scores they offer are educational aka worthless, but the service is fantastic for seeing EQ/TU data updates especially when it matters for something like this.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.