cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a mortgage on a second home from a lender that allows 1 30 day late 6 months ago

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need a mortgage on a second home from a lender that allows 1 30 day late 6 months ago

I have reached a wall as I cant find a lender that will allow 1 30day late along with a letter of explanation so I can get mortgage loan. any suggestions?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need a mortgage on a second home from a lender that allows 1 30 day late 6 months ago

is the late a mortgage late...

My guess is that the file as a whole is lacking and this is the easy excuse they are using.  1 non-mortgage late will not stop a loan usually unless they are looking for a reason to say no.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need a mortgage on a second home from a lender that allows 1 30 day late 6 months ago

yes mortgage late.  they told me it was just the late that kicked it out of underwriting.  my scores are 680-720 and i have good w2 income.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

with a late in the last 12 months it may need to go through AU.  AU does not kic out for one reason, but for the whole file.  If AU is saying no, have them try differnet numbers (more down, higher cash reserves, etc), but basicly you may be out of luck.  2nd home  (vacation or investment) financing is very tight right now.
Message 4 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

AU will kick out a mortgage late within the last 12 months

this is going to be very difficult

good luck - I would call around to all of the banks and just ask

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.