Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new construction question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new construction question

i have a 12 month construction loan and my home will be complete in march .when i get my mortage loan is it possible to get a cash back mortgage? my loan will be for 220000 but with my land house appraises 374000 cant find anything on this thought maybe someone on here might know....thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new construction question

Short answer is yes u should be able to take out 80% loan to value.. So u should be able to take out 120k. Pretty sure ur credit can do it since u got construction loan.. Just depend on income and debt. This is also reason why so many ppl lost their house. Ppl that got into bad loans (no u can not afford an 800k mortgage on a 4500 a month income and ppl think they were able to)

@Anonymous wrote:

i have a 12 month construction loan and my home will be complete in march .when i get my mortage loan is it possible to get a cash back mortgage? my loan will be for 220000 but with my land house appraises 374000 cant find anything on this thought maybe someone on here might know....thanks

Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

After your loan closes, you can certainly do a cash-out refinance. The terms and condtions will of course depend on the lenders that you consider.

Message 3 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Short answer is yes u should be able to take out 80% loan to value.. So u should be able to take out 120k. Pretty sure ur credit can do it since u got construction loan.. Just depend on income and debt. This is also reason why so many ppl lost their house. Ppl that got into bad loans (no u can not afford an 800k mortgage on a 4500 a month income and ppl think they were able to)

@Anonymous wrote:

That is quite a general statement and is based on some truth but was hardly the full story. I walked away from my house and it had nothing to do with having taken a bad mortgage that I could not afford. It had everything to do with the Wall Street fraudsters and their securities scams that brought the house of cards [mortgage industry] down. Your statement has nothing to do with the OP's question. Why the judgement statement then?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.