Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about loans

I am currently 27 living at home with pretty much no living costs except for credit cards, i have 10k worth student loans and plan to start paying them down this year. I am wanting to get into renting out homes and am curious if i app for and get a loan for a property and say im living there then i turn around and rent it out am i breaking any laws? I do have pretty good credit (fluctuates between 715 and 740 experian according to my fico scorewatch) credit cards are really my only loans beside the school loans so another question i have is should i take out a credit rebuilder loan to make my report have more types of credit on it and also i could use it once done as a downpayment or payoff my student loans. Thanks for any advice, and yes i realize its not cool to live at home when in my late 20s and probably into mid to late 30s but id rather be way ahead when i do move out then have to suffer through hard times(why suffer if you dont have to).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: question about loans

It's fraud to claim you're going to buy a home as a primary residence and use it as an investment property. Primary residences have lower interest rates generally because they are seen as less risk.

so, yes...to answer your question.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.