Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question, wiring in closing cost?

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

question, wiring in closing cost?

I'm closing on a house Friday. It's the house that we want. The seller was selling it for 164.5k. They were going to pay closing costs. Everything was a go until the va appraisal came back at 147k. The seller totally redid the house inside and out. The seller said they couldn't sell it for 147, so we looked at other houses. We didn't like any other houses. So I said I'll pay the closing costs and over look some minor issues and do then myself. The question I have the attorney that is having the closing Friday, said to my wife that the closing cost will have to be wired in. I don't feel right about wiring it in, instead of giving them a certified check at closing. I never heard of wiring anything in before closing. Has anyone?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jexxie
Valued Member

Re: question, wiring in closing cost?

Yes, I have on here.
Message 2 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Wiring in the funds to close is pretty much SOP now and has been for the last few years.  Especially if you are in a table funding state.

You aren't wiring to the seller. You are wiring to the title company or closing attorney's firm. They hold the funds in escrow until the closing. If you wire in too much, you will be refunded at closing.

Message 3 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I'm a sales counselor with a national builder. Our closing agent, a national title company, will only accept wired funds for closing ... no checks of any kind. They told us that there had been many transactions in which fraudelent bank/certified checks were used. So, get used to it as that is pretty normal procedure.

Message 4 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Yep. Wiring to the title company is common now. I had to do it on my last house purchase, too.

Message 5 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

thanks, that is what we found out.  You wire it to an escrow in your name.   Thanks for your answers.

Message 6 of 9
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

I'm wiring mine in tomorrow.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 7 of 9
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

I close on Thursday afternoon. Navy Federal CU gave me the option of wiring from one of my accounts or bringing a check...savings account please!!!!!
Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

they cant steal your money.....  just take the path of least resistance and comply

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.