Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dispute comments" on a FHA refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Dispute comments" on a FHA refinance

Hello,

My mortgage officer says these dispute comments must be removed from my credit report. But when I called each bureaus to remove them they only found 2 to actually remove, the rest they told me didn't exist. I am very confused at this point, plus many of these comments say "resolved" and I don't have any current disputes, they are even old closed accounts.

Does anyone know if FHA cash out refinance loan would actually required old dispute comments that say "resolved" to be removed entirely? 

• DISPUTE RESOLVED/CONSUMER DISAGREES 
  • SUBSCRIBER REPORTS DISPUTE RESOLVED-CONSUMER DISAGREES
  • DISPUTE RESOLVED/CONSUMER DISAGREES ; CONSUMER DISPUTES AFTER RESOLUTION
  • ACCOUNT PREVIOUSLY IN DISPUTE - NOW RESOLVED BY DATA FURNISHER

3 REPLIES 3
Mijogo23
New Visitor

Re: "Dispute comments" on a FHA refinance

I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I contacted the bureaus and hoping theyll clear it. I'd be curious to hear how this ended up for you. 

Message 2 of 4
jpd36282
Established Member

Just call each bureau mutiple times to get different reps and ask them to remove "dispute comments" from every single account, it takes 48 hours after that to update but use credit reports and creditkarma and myfico to see that anything that says dispute is removed or resolved. I had to do this multiple times and sometimes reps are dumb or don't know so just keep calling and asking them to check and remove all comments. It sucks to call and get fastest to a rep but i figured it out and wrote down the steps and had to spend hours waiting and talking to reps.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jpd36282

Sad that there is such a challenge getting one's credit reports up to date.

Good that there is now a data point on this ... persistence!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.