Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received closing disclosure but no clear to close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

received closing disclosure but no clear to close

Hi Everyone, 

Our contract says we are closing Monday the 29 of Feb. so the underwriter asked for a bunch of documents and letter of explanation which has been provided. Thursday the 25 we get a closing disclosure which we electronically signed. i spoke to my mortgage broker he says we should be good but is not clear yet. 

is this normal? am i going to get the clear to close? this is all an emotional roller coaster. can i be denied at this point of the transaction? thank you all of your answers. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: received closing disclosure but no clear to close

Hopefully you have your Clear to Close by now! Usually you get it at least 1 busines day in advance of the closing. Speak to your LO - they will be able to tell you exactly where you are and if the Monday closing is still viable.  

Just had one that closed yesterday and the closing package didn't even get to the title co until the day before closing but the closing disclosure was sent timely.  So there is still time. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. Fingers cross we get the clear Monday the latest. 

Message 3 of 7
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

I got my closing disclosure first and my CTC about 3 days later. So it isnt uncommon.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my clear to close about an hour before the bank and title company closed for the day. Told we should come now as the title company was heading toward the office and to bring a cashiers check. It was a hectic and fast process for us.

Hope you have more of a warning!!

Message 5 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I never got an official CTC, not that I'm aware of anyhow. I got the your loan has been approved automation online through tracking my loan 3 weeks before closing, and closing disclosure last minute but in time to beat the max time needed.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your responses. On friday evening I final got the clear to close from my broker and agent. We are still not closing the 29th but sometime this week. It looks like I am closer but is not over until i have the keys in my hand. fingers crossed and by the end of this week is all over. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.