Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refi through Cap One auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

refi through Cap One auto loan

I just got a auto loan on a new car $35k purchase price 11.5% ( i have perfect credit, have had 4 loans paid perfectly with my credit union, but have tax liens that I am trying to get removed) the loan mgr told me that's the reason why So i applied in the same week online with Cap One..thinking that they might just pull/look at my auto loans which have never been late...7 cars...for a refi Not only did they not give me a better rate, they declined my totally...letter in the mail to explain. Anyone know anyway I can get a better rate? I'm paying so much at 11.5 interest Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: refi through Cap One auto loan

If you have tax liens, then you do not have perfect credit, sorrySmiley Sad  Perfect credit does not get 11.5% int. rates.  When did you get the auto loan?  Before the tax liens?  Where did you get your scores from?  Are they FICO?  Or FAKO?  When were they pulled?  How many tax liens..and how much?  Paid or unpaid?  How/when are you getting them removed? 

We need much more info before we can give accurate info...But, we are here to help!!

You may have to make about 6 mo's of pymts and then ask your CU for a refi?!  Or get rid of the liens...I dunno?!  Like I said more info is needed!
takin' it one day at a time
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROADLOANS?

@sunrise wrote:
If you have tax liens, then you do not have perfect credit, sorrySmiley Sad  Perfect credit does not get 11.5% int. rates.  When did you get the auto loan?  Before the tax liens?  Where did you get your scores from?  Are they FICO?  Or FAKO?  When were they pulled?  How many tax liens..and how much?  Paid or unpaid?  How/when are you getting them removed? 

We need much more info before we can give accurate info...But, we are here to help!!

You may have to make about 6 mo's of pymts and then ask your CU for a refi?!  Or get rid of the liens...I dunno?!  Like I said more info is needed!

I meant to write that i have perfect credit except for tax liens...all cars i've bought have perfect histories....I got the auto loan from my credit union no not before the tax liens..after I got my scores from my fico.com so no they are not fako I pulled them 12-15-07 they will be removed in 6 months Since i've had 5 other loans with the same credit union,and they told me it was because of my tax liens, but i thought that the auto ficos would be better since they look mainly at what your auto loan history was??????? They liens are for amounts of 20k...they are incorrect but it takes the IRS as much time as they want to correct them..the burden is on me.... THEN TO FIND OUT....THAT CAPITOL ONE SENT MY LOAN TO LOAN APP TO ROADLOANS.. i didnt know what this was or why..i assume its they high rate lender, cause they approved me for 11% which is 1/2 point lower than my credit union loan. I am not going to accept that...I think i will just work to get those liens off and then refi with my credit union...thanks for your info, what do you think about that plan? Thanks for any help
Message 3 of 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: ROADLOANS?

Hi 2007creditSmiley Happy   Your CU probably didn't use the auto-enhanced score...this is usually a score that dealerships use/get.  Your CU probably based your rate on a regular FICO score.  Roadloans is where Cap 1 sends customers if they can't/won't finance.  Do NOT waste your time on a .5% reduction!

I would definitely wait till the IRS updates your CR's..then have your CU re-fi.  I feel your pain with the IRS....they are sooooo slow getting something taken care of that is their problemSmiley Mad...BUT, they sure do want their money ASAP if you owe it to them!!Smiley Wink

Hang in there....enjoy your new car...and re-fi when things are taken care of w/ the IRS.:smileyhappy

Have you tried the CU's listed here on the forums?  Like CCCU?  You can always call and check them out.

Best of luck!!Smiley Wink
takin' it one day at a time
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: refi through Cap One auto loan

hi SUnrise and Thanks...

I swear I feel like voting for Ron Paul just to see if he really could get rid of the IRS..its really not run like it should and if it was, would we have these problems?

I think CU's are SO MUCH more conservative, arent they? do you think another one wld make a differnece?

thanks..i'm down...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.