cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refinance underwater mortgage that are not HARP eligible, max loan to value ratio?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

refinance underwater mortgage that are not HARP eligible, max loan to value ratio?

I am trying to refinance my mom's underwater mortgage.  It is not HARP eligible due to it being non Fannie or Freddie.  The best I have seen is a credit union at 97% loan to value ratio.  Has anyone seen better?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: refinance underwater mortgage that are not HARP eligible, max loan to value ratio?

How far  underwater is she? What is the current value and the current outstanding balance?

Message 2 of 5
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: refinance underwater mortgage that are not HARP eligible, max loan to value ratio?

you should contact your current mortgage company to find out what refi options you have.  Is the mortgage FHA?

in 2012, we refi'd our home even though we are underwater.  We did an FHA streamline refi which is a full doc loan accept they did not appraise the house.  the refi'd based on the loan balance.

i'm not sure if FHA still has that program, but you should check with your mortgage company to see what is available to your Mom.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, frugalQ is right and yes this program is available.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a non Fannie or FHA loan, can't do regular refi.  I guess I will deal with this after I see my taxes and close on my house so i know how much I have left 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.