Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loans

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

student loans

I've looked through some past threads to see if this topic was already discussed, but i didn't see anything.  Does anyone have any experience with paying off a large student loan?  Mostly, all i see are 6,000-15,000 on this site.  and all i can do is saying you all are extreamly lucky! I owe $140,000 (72,000 private and 72,000 federal) mainly because i attended a private school, where apparently everyone but me was rich! lol, but i also attended there my undergrad and grad years. anyways, i want to pay this off asap.  does anyone have any experience with this, and what was your strategy?  i don't want to be paying this off for the next 30 years!!!  also, once student loans are in repayment, do they affect your cr score like all other installment loans or are they counted differently? 
i've already looked into loan forgevess, and the americorps, and i don't qualify for anything.  the pay-cut it would take to go into public service corps for me isn't worth it financially either.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.