Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

type of i.d. needed to close please respond

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

type of i.d. needed to close please respond

I just went to close my loan and didn't have my drivers license.  Can't find it.  Signed all the paperwork, got to the patriot act form and all I had was an old work i.d.  The guy wouldn't fund the loan.  He said I had to have a valid drivers license, the closing lady said that the patriot act form said a work id would work.  I hauled my tail downtown to get a new one, the picture is dark on it.  Faxed it to my title company.  She said th epicture was too dark, but sent it to t he funder guy anyway.  He said he would stay late to finish it, but left early.  Will an i.d. besides  a state issued id work.  Can he change his mind and refuse to fund my loan because I don't have a drivers license with a picture on it or will a new work i.d. work?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: type of i.d. needed to close please respond

You can get a new DL in minutes, and you can also have a state issued ID made at the Dmv office.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have lost my license millions of times and I just go to get a new one. I am sure you should not have any problems...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know for my closing I HAVE to bring either a state issued ID or a drivers license. All you have to have for one of those I think is a copy of your birth certificate and maybe your SS card. Are you missing one of those??
Message 4 of 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Would a passport work? It's a government ID that is used by employers to verify identity and citizenship.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.