Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usda loans and out of pocket costs

tag
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Re: usda loans and out of pocket costs

Why is that? Appraisal came back higher than contract - or am I missing something?
Message 11 of 15
jackyyrose
New Visitor

Themizlyn, we only have $1000 difference between purchase price and appraisal price, so that only allows is to finance $1000 worth of closing costs, , our closing costs are at $9,300!! So we needed the appraisal to come bac at like$104,000
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My USDA Loan came out with me only paying for the home inspection $400. Got a great rate for 30 years. All other costs were reimbursed. My lendor was resourceful in making sure I came out where I needed to.
Message 13 of 15
shakeone

No, the closing cost should only be 3-5% of the purchased price. Additional financed numbers should be factored into the loan. Ask to have the home owners insurance and property taxes escrow into the monthly mortgage. If the house is appraised for more than the asking price then ask to use the equity and add the remaining cost into the loan. It will still be cheaper to factor in amount over 30 years and have additional money in your pocket now. Just research as much as you can and go back to your LO with questions.

Message 14 of 15
shakeone

Did you ask the seller to cover any closing cost?  Don't give up. I've been under 3 contracts this year along, and each time I learn more about the process. Sometimes I think this process is meant to discourage people. Stay the course, you'll find what works. The reward will be worth it. Stay encouraged

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.