cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was my file already IN underwriting? im confused now.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

was my file already IN underwriting? im confused now.

ok so, about 2 weeks ago my LO called and told me.. "i got your approval, here and the things we need to do" (conditions) updated bank statement, 401k statement , and a Letter explaining why i had recieverd unemployment for 6 weeks- easy, i was from maternity leave that i took after having my son, which she just typed up for me. other conditions were things on their end.

now last week on wednsday she calls me and says its going to underwriting now then ill get a clearer look at when we will close i guess a clear to close?

what i dont understan is how did she get my approval with conditions? was it sent to underwriting to get those and now its going back with the fulfillled conditions??

can someone explain the process of UW  a little better for me ... thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: was my file already IN underwriting? im confused now.

LO may have gotten a desk approval (computer: automated underwriting)

or

sent to underwriting and got conditional approval and is submitting conditions to uw to sign off on

you will have to ask THEM what they did

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me. It was a conditional approval based on them getting/approving the documents you sent in. It goes back to underwriting for that final approval. It's usually little things they want (bank statements, etc) and those things aren't "make or break" requests imo. If you've made it this far, there's no need to worry! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

My LO has been pulling together everything she can possibly imagine to have my file looking good before going to UW. She has also been talking to the UW through the process, trying to make it as smooth as possible when it finally does go over, so I think it's about due diligence and the LO doing their job.  Sounds like you are in a good place!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 4 of 5
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

+1

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.