Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scores for online banking customers

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Free FICO scores for online banking customers

Click below to listen to a podcast featuring Shon Dellinger, vice president of myFICO, discussing Fair Isaac’s growing “Scores-on-Statements,” free FICO score program.

Fair Isaac is developing partnerships with financial institutions to offer free monthly FICO credit scores to the financial institution’s online customers. This program empowers people to take control of their credit situation so they can significantly improve their credit profile and become smarter borrowers.

After listening, please share your thoughts and questions about this new program with the community!
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Free FICO scores for online banking customers

Great idea - I would love it!

1  The talk suggests that MyFICO users are more credit savvy and better customers - is this actually reflected in their FICO scores?  Do I get a higher score for being here?

2  Is there a link I can sen my bank to get them to use it?

3  I calculate I will be retired by the time my bank (USBank) gives it away for free Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Please go arm-wrestle USAA into doing this!

I have Scorewatch, so I'm covered there, and I don't much care about my TU score, which is both the highest and most irrelevant of my scores (sorry), but I'd be delighted to have my EX score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 56
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

Great idea - I would love it!

1  The talk suggests that MyFICO users are more credit savvy and better customers - is this actually reflected in their FICO scores?  Do I get a higher score for being here? Of course!
No doubt what you've learned here has helped raise your score. Smiley Wink

2  Is there a link I can sen my bank to get them to use it?

Try this: FICO® Scores on Statements

3  I calculate I will be retired by the time my bank (USBank) gives it away for free Smiley Very Happy

Maybe, but think about those future generations of MVs who will benefit! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 56
oracles
Valued Contributor

I think this would be an absolutely fantastic plan. I really hope this happens soon. I actually bank at HSBC, B of A, and Wamu and I hope they will join this program very soon. If anyone of these banks had this program, I would definitely process more transactions with that particular bank.
Message 5 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@oracles wrote:
I think this would be an absolutely fantastic plan. I really hope this happens soon. I actually bank at HSBC, B of A, and Wamu and I hope they will join this program very soon. If anyone of these banks had this program, I would definitely process more transactions with that particular bank.

I have already emailed my bank to request this.  I suggest you do the same  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 56
oracles
Valued Contributor

done, done, and done again Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, just hit USAA.

I hope something comes of this!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think Emigrant Bank Direct will do this?

Message 9 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think having access to your FICO scores for free is an excellent idea.  I hope Pentagon Federal Credit Union is contacted.
Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.