Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scores for online banking customers

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Free FICO scores for online banking customers

@Barry wrote:
While we expect there to be more banks offering these scores soon, currently they're available to customers of Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) and HSBC for their Sears and Kmart cardholders. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Barry on 03-26-2009 05:53 PM

Hi Barry, to get the free fico montly report from PSECU what product do we have to have from PSECU? Does a regular checking account be sufficient or do we have to get a credit product from them?

Message 31 of 56
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:

@Barry wrote:
While we expect there to be more banks offering these scores soon, currently they're available to customers of Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) and HSBC for their Sears and Kmart cardholders. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Barry on 03-26-2009 05:53 PM

Hi Barry, to get the free fico montly report from PSECU what product do we have to have from PSECU? Does a regular checking account be sufficient or do we have to get a credit product from them?

I'm not Barry, but I did some digging a couple months ago and wanted to find a way to join. Just short of moving to PA, there wasn't anything I could do. However, I do recall reading info within PSECU that they print the score only on your statements. Trust but verify. You may be able to find more info via the member below:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=149962&query.id=27960...
Message 32 of 56
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ConcordUser, here's the press release on this from PSECU:

http://www.psecu.com/About_Us/News/Press_Release/2008/20080929.html

Message 33 of 56
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I called them and asked them about it. Even if we have savings or checking account with them we can get fico scores. There is no need to have a credit product with them. In addition to state, they also have several private employers who participate in the program. Need to little bit more digging into. I am trying to see if I can enrol my company as sponsoring employer to CU.
Message 34 of 56
jazz_collegegrad08
Valued Member

I have Bank of America privacy assist. Are these real FICO scores? They give you scores for all three CBs
Message 35 of 56
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jazz_collegegrad08 wrote:
I have Bank of America privacy assist. Are these real FICO scores? They give you scores for all three CBs

No, those are not FICO scores.
Message 36 of 56
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

FYI... Despite some rumors to the contrary, the free FICO score program for Sears_Kmart MasterCard and HSBC cardholders continues to be alive and well!

Wall Street Journal Blogs (May 5) - Another Free Credit-Score Casualty?
Message 37 of 56
jhtrico1850
Regular Contributor

If you are giving this to free to banking customers but charging banks for the feature, I think it'd be great if you could pitch this to Discover.

Visa/MasterCard are known for widespread acceptability, American Express for prestige and rewards.

There seems to still be a stigma with Discover. Think about it.

You charge Discover a whammy, they have this exclusive attractive feature, they make money, you make money, everyone's happy Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be great.  I've got a discover more card that has the ability for credit tracking for Experian...but their scores are FAKO, so there is no point in getting it.  If FICO was available, I would definately be interested.
Message 39 of 56
jhtrico1850
Regular Contributor

I wasn't too fond of my nonrewards BoA and C1 cards, so I got the More card (took a few days). Quickly after that acceptance, I applied for the Forward and got it instantly... Hahahahahaha.

Anyway, the More card is turning to be pretty useless. Unless they'll convert it to Open Road, which I'll try in a few weeks, it's just collecting dust.

Maybe you can collaborate and have products that give your free FICO a month or week, depending on spending targets reached...

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.