Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scores for online banking customers

tag
JFelix
New Visitor

Re: Free FICO scores for online banking customers

WAMU was offering this until Chase took over and cancelled the service.
Message 41 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have Washington Mutual who gave me a free Fico Score every month on my creidit card but now it is chase and I have not seen this any longer.  I don't know if they are going to continue what Washington Mutual did but some how I think probably not.  if anyone knows I would really like to find out. Thanks.

Message 42 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to have Washington Mutual who gave me a free Fico Score every month on my creidit card but now it is chase and I have not seen this any longer.  I don't know if they are going to continue what Washington Mutual did but some how I think probably not.  if anyone knows I would really like to find out. Thanks.

Lynny47 -- Chase announced that they would not continue this program in the information they gave us when they had us change our log in names, etc for the March '09 statements.
Message 43 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is an excellent idea - the more consumers are aware the better they can do.
Message 44 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first time I ever saw my FICO score was on my WAMU statement.  Until that time I was pretty oblivious to credit scoring and only rarely thought about it; usually after seeing a news report.  After I saw my score years ago it got me going on minding my credit, savings, and debt.  I began learning and reading, mostly on myfico.  I became obsessed with my credit score numbers.  Then when Chase bought out WAMU, Chase dropped the service.  I was lost.  So I signed up with myFico just to get my "Credit Fix".  I think when I first saw the number on WAMU online statement it was like 605.  Now it's 725.  
Message 45 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free FICO scores - no banks needed

I found a new service which will provide you with a free FICO score and will even keep track of your score on a monthly basis.

The Web Site is WWW.Creditkarma.com. It works great, and is supported by adds.

Try it - you'll like it!

Brodave

Message 46 of 56
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free FICO scores - no banks needed

bodave wrote:

I found a new service which will provide you with a free FICO score and will even keep track of your score on a monthly basis.

The Web Site is WWW.Creditkarma.com. It works great, and is supported by adds.

Try it - you'll like it!

Brodave

Unfortunately the score from CK is not a FICO score. It is a non-FICO score (we call them FAKOs) that is pushed by TransUnion. Specifically, this score is called a TransRisk score.

Message 47 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any banks already participating on this? and if so how can I find out who are they?
Message 48 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As far as I know, no banks are now doing this. However, if you go to the Creditkarma.Com, you can get your FREE FICO credit score. I have used this site, and it is truly free. They support themselves using advertising. Try this, you'll like it!

Dave

Message 49 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

As far as I know, no banks are now doing this. However, if you go to the Creditkarma.Com, you can get your FREE FICO credit score. I have used this site, and it is truly free. They support themselves using advertising. Try this, you'll like it!

Dave

Just FYI, Creditkarma's score is not a FICO score. 

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.