Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$200 SUB BBVA checking

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

$200 SUB BBVA checking

In March, when I apped for my Clear Points card, there was a SUB for 10,000 points IIRC, to concurrently open a new checking account.   I passed then- not wanting another banking relationship.  

In late July, I got an email from my local BBVA branch manager for new checking acct SUB of $200 plus a new savings acct SUB of $50.  That offer timeframe was valid July 24 to August 10 and I let that email offer expire.  

Yesterday, I got a postcard mailer for the checking SUB.  Now, I think I will sign up.  I live in Florida.

Would appreciate anyone's comments  with BBVA checking accounts.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: $200 SUB BBVA checking

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

In March, when I apped for my Clear Points card, there was a SUB for 10,000 points IIRC, to concurrently open a new checking account.   I passed then- not wanting another banking relationship.  

In late July, I got an email from my local BBVA branch manager for new checking acct SUB of $200 plus a new savings acct SUB of $50.  That offer timeframe was valid July 24 to August 10 and I let that email offer expire.  

Yesterday, I got a postcard mailer for the checking SUB.  Now, I think I will sign up.  I live in Florida.

Check order price is through the roof. I have (2) accts. but refuse to use.

Other than that, grab the SUBSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

They DO NOT pull Chexsystems .. so you got that going for yaSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I think they charge for ACH transactions and there is no zelle. I use Bill Pay to my credit cards to "move" money instead. The mobile app is good. Watch out for their quarterly fees on savings (read the ways to avoid this) unless you have the free online savings account which limits you to like 4 transfer per quarter. Took them 4 1/2 months to pay out the bonus for me, I will close the account in a couple months when the ETF period is over (1 year).

Message 4 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@randomguy1, +1 ..totally forgot about the ACH fee's.  Good DP!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds a bit like too much of a hassle/headache for $200, IMO of course.  By the time you try to get any Money out of the account you'll end up forking that $200 right back to them! Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 20
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Check order price is through the roof. I have (2) accts. but refuse to use.

Other than that, grab the SUBSmiley Happy

Most banks are a ripoff for ordering checks through them. But BBVA in branch will print you two 'counter checks' for free, Wells Fargo charged me a couple bucks for that, but then I'm surprised Wells Fargo doesn't try to charge you an admission fee to go into a branch. Smiley Very Happy I have a couple credit union accounts with free checks for the 1 or 2 checks I write per year.

@NoMoreE46I did similar what you did, I got a Clear Points last March and then in April I saw they had the $200 checking bonus and stopped by a branch and opened an account. BBVA is my closest bank branch and I get a couple hundred bucks monthly in cash reimbursements so it's really handy to deposit it at BBVA, their ATM does cash deposits. Other than I just just use to pay my BBVA CCs, and easy to pull money out via ACH pulls from other banks and avoid BBVA's $3 fee to transfer money out via ACH. I also have their Rewards card, a 1.5% cashback card that becomes a 2% card on every purchase with a $1k+ "direct deposit" into checking  per calendar month, any ACH deposit works and I pull it back out in a day or two. And if you don't want to move payroll DDs for the checking bonus data points on Reddit & DoC indiacte pretty much any ACH deposit meets their DD requirement.

And no, they don't pull Chex, BBVA uses EWS.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA has a lot of fees and they have a rolling transaction approach. Where most banks process transactions in a single batch each day, deposits first, BBVA processes transactions as they come in so it's very easy to overdraft with them if your deposit is scheduled for the next day and a withdrawal hits in the evening. I'm not really a fan of them. It also took over a week for customer service to respond to a message...

Message 8 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BBVA has a lot of fees and they have a rolling transaction approach. Where most banks process transactions in a single batch each day, deposits first, BBVA processes transactions as they come in so it's very easy to overdraft with them if your deposit is scheduled for the next day and a withdrawal hits in the evening. I'm not really a fan of them. It also took over a week for customer service to respond to a message...

I seen the Fee list, scratched my head and said "what do they NOT charge forSmiley Tongue"

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I seen the Fee list, scratched my head and said "what do they NOT charge forSmiley Tongue"

They certainly have their fee bases covered... Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.