Did you mean: 

3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

tag
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

@kremonis wrote:

@ccquest 

Are you trying Liberty Financial by it's self or do you already have a high interest account with ETFCU?

I'm just going for the Liberty Financial account by itself. 

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 11 of 23
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

Saw this comment saying "no" on DoC regarding having both accounts, just an FYI.

Just confirmed with a Liberty CSR, they won't approve a Liberty membership or products if already a member of ETFCU, and vice versa. The CSR indicated that they consider it the same banking/lending institution (regardless of Liberty being a division of ETFCU) and therefore a duplication of products/services. This being different than say US Bank and Elan, with Elan being a division of US Bank, but considered to be two separate entities with separate products. Bottom line, a no go, bummer!

Message 12 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Just confirmed with a Liberty CSR, they won't approve a Liberty membership or products if already a member of ETFCU, and vice versa. The CSR indicated that they consider it the same banking/lending institution (regardless of Liberty being a division of ETFCU) and therefore a duplication of products/services. This being different than say US Bank and Elan, with Elan being a division of US Bank, but considered to be two separate entities with separate products. Bottom line, a no go, bummer!

That's a shame, but thanks for bringing the info back here either way!

I got an email earlier today with the same set of documents to sign as I did towards the end of day yesterday so I signed again and let them know it might be duplicative, haven't heard back again yet.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 13 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

Got the application approval email today, account info and debit card to follow "in the coming days". Hopefully comes quicker than the last one so I can get things shifted over to this account and avoid the rate drop coming on my other account. If the site is any indication, should be 3-5 business days...or around this time next week when I get the debit card.

If things fall here too, guess that's my sign to just chill on the money because I don't want to risk the funds in the market at this time (mortgage in a year or two)...
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 14 of 23
Otto77
New Contributor

I was looking at applying for ETFCU or Liberty Financial. Is there any reason to pick one or the other?

I'm guessing they wanted a more generic brand name for the people weirded out by how niche Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union sounds (like me when I first looked into it), but I wanted to confirm if anybody saw any actual differences.

Message 15 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Otto77 wrote:

I was looking at applying for ETFCU or Liberty Financial. Is there any reason to pick one or the other?

I'm guessing they wanted a more generic brand name for the people weirded out by how niche Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union sounds (like me when I first looked into it), but I wanted to confirm if anybody saw any actual differences.

That's why I went with Liberty, wanted the more "open" one in case there was any changes later on. I can't see anywhere that the $5 donation went through either actually...

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 16 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

My debit card came in the mail yesterday, one full week post initial approval.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 17 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Just a quick DP on the 2.5% AOD Kasasa Cash.  No interface to check on progress so it I can't know about Fake DD yet.  The Kasasa Savings is 1% and would be used for the balances above the $20k max in the Cash account.    Their ACH program is the best I have seen.  You can pull on a Sunday and have it reflect an available balance Monday AM...  insane.

I forgot to come back and post this.  An ACH from another account does indeed seem to satisfy the DD requirement.  I have switched my actual DD to AOD however do to the ease and quickness of both ACH and Bill Pay. 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 18 of 23
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Just a quick DP on the 2.5% AOD Kasasa Cash.  No interface to check on progress so it I can't know about Fake DD yet.  The Kasasa Savings is 1% and would be used for the balances above the $20k max in the Cash account.    Their ACH program is the best I have seen.  You can pull on a Sunday and have it reflect an available balance Monday AM...  insane.

I forgot to come back and post this.  An ACH from another account does indeed seem to satisfy the DD requirement.  I have switched my actual DD to AOD however do to the ease and quickness of both ACH and Bill Pay. 

Their acceptance of any ACH, of any amount, as DD has been great. 

Also adding that anyone with a P2 can open two accounts; P1 primary w/P2 co-signer and vice versa. $40k @3.3% yes please. (Hoop jumping included though...$.50 x 30 Amazon reloads = $15/mo, but $110/mo interest)

Message 19 of 23
creditfan
Established Contributor

lmcu and bcu

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.