cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$400 Bonus Capital One 360, worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $400 Bonus Capital One 360, worth it?

Untitled.png

This was the offer I got the other day from Cap One .  Seems pretty simple to get a free $100 from them

https://www.capitalone.com/bank100/

Message 21 of 59
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Yes, definitely worth it!  My husband will be going for it next week.  

Message 22 of 59
MzChrissy
New Contributor

Thanks for posting, I easily opened an account. Although I almost didn’t see the +Add promo code within the funding section. I'm about to just transfer $1k from my NFCU into this account, should that work? I don't want to mess with my DD at work but will for a free $400. And does anyone know how long we have to let the $1k sit in Capital One? The Fine Print Here’s the full scoop on how to earn your $400 bonus: Open a 360 Checking account between 12:00 a.m. ET on November 9, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on January 26, 2021. When you open your account, enter your promotional code—BONUS400. Receive at least 2 direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more to your 360 Checking account within 60 days of account opening. A qualifying direct deposit is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer or an outside institution. This account is subject to approval. This offer cannot be combined with any other 360 Checking account opening offers. Only one promotional code is accepted. Bonus is only valid for one new 360 Checking account. If you have or had an open 360 Checking account as a primary or secondary account holder with Capital One on or after January 1, 2018, you will be ineligible for the bonus. If your account is in default, closed or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus. All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 23 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened mine 11/24 and there's no current info on what fake DD will work. At least "2 DD totalling 1k" must occur to get the bonus. I'm doing real DD to guarantee a bonus.

Message 24 of 59
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@MzChrissy wrote:
Thanks for posting, I easily opened an account. Although I almost didn’t see the +Add promo code within the funding section. I'm about to just transfer $1k from my NFCU into this account, should that work? I don't want to mess with my DD at work but will for a free $400. And does anyone know how long we have to let the $1k sit in Capital One?

Did you open the account through the offer page? https://www.capitalone.com/bonus400/

When I got to funding it showed the BONUS400 code and confirmed the direct deposit requirement. You don't have to leave the funds there, just 2 DDs totaling $1k, you can take the funds out the next day if you want. Doctor of Credit has a "List Of Methods Banks Count As Direct Deposits", it's Bank Accounts on the top menu. I don't see Navy Fed listed there, for a $400 bonus I'm not taking a chance and using real payroll DDs.

Message 25 of 59
MzChrissy
New Contributor

No, I did not. I typed in Capital One 360 in Google and navigated to opening an account that way. Thank you so much for this additional information. I’ll make sure to setup direct deposit.
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 26 of 59
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

FYI, I set my real DD up a few weeks back. $$ wasn't deposited in the account early. I'll guess I'll learn about their timing etc over the next few months. This is a no brained for me. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 27 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get paid every 2 weeks so I make sure to make changes to my DD before the second week closes to take affect immediately. 

Message 28 of 59
GrabbedByTheGhoulies
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I get paid every 2 weeks so I make sure to make changes to my DD before the second week closes to take affect immediately. 

Currently waiting on my employer's prenotification process. Hoping the next paycheck goes to Capital One. I timed it out to include one extra paycheck than a normal 60 day period because of the MLK Monday holiday, just in case prenotification took a long time. 

Message 29 of 59
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@GrabbedByTheGhoulies wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently waiting on my employer's prenotification process. Hoping the next paycheck goes to Capital One. I timed it out to include one extra paycheck than a normal 60 day period because of the MLK Monday holiday, just in case prenotification took a long time. 

You had me scared with MLK Day, 1/18, but my 3rd payroll DD hits Fri. 1/15 putting me over $1k.

My employer also requires the first payday after adding a new bank account to be a pre-note paper check for that account. So I make that account the smallest split of 5%, and then raise it to what I need for future DDs.

Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.