Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$550 sign up bonus for $1000 spend!!! From Amegy Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$550 sign up bonus for $1000 spend!!! From Amegy Bank

here are the details... open credit card and spend $1,000 in 3 months get $150... you need to also open up checking account get $200 and opem money market account get another $200!!  really sweet deal!! I plan on doing this deal in "2 player mode with the wife" Limit 1 per person... not household... for full details click link below.. Johnny

https://www.amegybank.com/landing-pages/amazing-cash-bonus?cid=ps-apply-general-ccc-Apr18-tx&utm_sou...

4 REPLIES 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: $550 sign up bonus for $1000 spend!!! From Amegy Bank

I would think you need to be a Texas resident to open the bank accounts. I don't see any record of Amegy Bank in the Credit Pull database, what CRA do they pull? Typical score for approval??

EDIT: Found a post from 2017 on DoC, looks like Amegy Bank is Texas residents only for CCs & bank accounts.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure but there are a BUNCH of bonuses available for opening banking accounts... as I said we plan on doing this one in 2 player mode as we have Amegy branch maybe 15 mins from where I live... I'll post once I find out.

Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

not sure but there are a BUNCH of bonuses available for opening banking accounts... as I said we plan on doing this one in 2 player mode as we have Amegy branch maybe 15 mins from where I live... I'll post once I find out.

Yes, there are many bonuses for opening new bank accounts. I set a goal of $1k in bank bonuses this year, and I'm already at $850, so I may revise my goal upward.

The thing you need to watch out for is getting to many inquiries on Chex Systems and/or their competitor EWS (Early Warning System), and avoid HPs (hard pull/inquiry) on your credit report. Some banks and many credit unions don't like to see too many new account inquiries on the bank account reporting services, Chex & EWS. I've been focusing on savings account bonuses, savings only accounts often don't require an inquiry of Chex/EWS, checking accounts almost always do require an inquiry. And while few banks require a credit report HP to open an account many credit unions do require a credit pull. I avoid that whenever possible.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

True... I always can use the excuse of I open and close accounts all the time because I do mystery shopping... I'm already got over $2K just in bank account bonuses just in quarter 2 in the works thru 8 different banks and I've got 3-4 on my radar to set up... it's a bit of work to keep em all sorted out... logins... different hoops to jump thru... min spends... and if they have direct deposit requirement or not. I've got an excel spread sheet decidated just to bank account bonuses... the really cool banks let you fund your accounts with a credit card and it goes thru as a purchase... excellent way to meet min spends for credit cards...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.