cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick Lending Club ? for those who have used them

tag
BklynSilly

A quick Lending Club ? for those who have used them

I applied for a 18k Lending club personal loan to consolidate. When I logged into my account the to do list was all green checked. Even though they never asked for any documents from me. That seems a little unusual?  Anyway, I log into my account today and there nothing to even indicate the loan. Is this normal? I didn't recieve a loan was denied email. 

https://i.ibb.co/nB5L1zW/Screenshot-345.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/r3Qym6m/Screenshot-350.jpg 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: A quick Lending Club ? for those who have used them

Welcome @BklynSilly 

When did you apply? Appears you have done all thats asked of you with those checkmarks. Usually a few days.

Message 2 of 8
BklynSilly

4 days ago. It's the fact that the account doesn't even have the loan # or anything to indicate a loan on it is throwing me off. 

Message 3 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

This just confirms you have done everything on the checklist . Now you have to await the loan process .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Did they deposit the funds in your account? If so. Matter of time before the website is updated I guess.

Message 5 of 8
BklynSilly

Nah not yet. I would have thought I would receive an email or something. I think they could be a bit better keeping people informed of their steps and process. 

Message 6 of 8
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

@BklynSilly wrote:

I applied for a 18k Lending club personal loan to consolidate. When I logged into my account the to do list was all green checked. Even though they never asked for any documents from me. That seems a little unusual?  Anyway, I log into my account today and there nothing to even indicate the loan. Is this normal? I didn't recieve a loan was denied email. 

https://i.ibb.co/nB5L1zW/Screenshot-345.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/r3Qym6m/Screenshot-350.jpg 

Setup/attach your bank account for payments.  After that it looks like you are good to go. 

I have received and paid off maybe a dozen LC loans between me and my wife's acct for various projects over the years.  After the 1st loan the checking account stayed attached to my Lending Club account and would attach to any new loan.

Every loan I applied for after that 1st one I'd see that same screen with all green checks, and the funds were in the account 1-3 days later (without POI being requested on most of them or any other documents).  So you *may* just need the bank account for payments attached and done. YMMV

(Ch7 Discharged 12/12) AvgScore 807

Personal-
NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU Flagship 20k | NFCU More Rewards 10k | NFCU NavChek PLOC 15k | PenFed Power Cash 25k | PenFed Gold 15k | PenFed Pathfinder 10k | PenFed OLOC 3K | GTE Financial CU 15k | VyStar CU Cash Back 25k | VyStar CU PLOC 15k | FNBO Evergreen 25k | FNBO 11.85K | BofA Cash Rewards 10.1k | Capital One Venture 13k | Capital One QS 7k | PNC Cash Rewards 15.5k | Citi Costco 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ 10k | Discover 14.8k | Discover 14.1k | Regions Cash 6k | Truist Enjoy Cash 9k | Truist Future 6.5k | Elan Max Cash 7k | Wells Fargo Reflect 20k | Fifth Third 7k | USAA PrefRew 15k | CFNA Tires Plus MC 8k | GM Rewards 3.5k | TD Bank Cash 3.5k | Amex BCP 3K | Lowes Store 30k | Sleep Number Store 13.5k | Home Depot Store 10k | Amazon Store 10k | Care Credit 15k | Walmart Store 6k | JCrew 25k | Jared 18.6k | HSN 4.1K | King Size 4k | Buckle 3.1k

Business-
Amex BBC 25k | Amex BBP 22k | Amex Business Platinum NPSL 30.4kPoT | Citizens Business Everyday 35k | Sams Club Business MC 25K | US Bank Business Plat 24k | Capital One Spark 2% 22k | Marcus GM Business 12.5k | Capital On Tap 2% 10k | Chase Ink 3k | Divvy 7k | PNC BLOC 50K | Citizens BLOC 50K | (Private) BLOC 75K | WEX Business Access Fuel 30k | Sams Bus Store 25k
Message 7 of 8
brk1971
Frequent Contributor

Couple things for you or others who experience this (disappear from dashboard) -

1. With an application in process that disappears from the dashboard:  If you want to revisit the status of the same loan request, simply type the amount of your request and select the type you previously chose... then click "check my rate" and it'll re-load the one in progress (won't create a new request if there is one in progress).  More than likely it'll show you the same status you last saw (verifying).

2. LC is no longer a peer-to-peer lending CFA. For years it was based on individual investors choosing (or auto-choosing) notes to invest in based on their grade and score. There was a "funding" process step where it went into the investment pool side of the site, and individual investors could actually choose to invest in YOUR loan (or not). (Process is detailed in other threads.)

Then Lending Club bought a bank, and they do not accept individual investor notes anymore. (see: https://www.lendingclub.com/investing/peer-to-peer for more details.) Now, there is a funding step, after approval and confirmation, but it's not performed the same as before. So long as sufficient lendable funds (deposit funds above required capitalization) are available, an approved loan will be funded and disbursed without long delays. 

3. IMO - 90% of the anecdotal data points (that were very relevant) to the P2P performance model of LC are no longer relevant.

Fico8 = EQ 779, TU 802, EX 771 (6/22/2022), util = 6.5% ish
INQ in 12 mo: EQ 4, TU 4, EX 7
Cards: NFCU: Flagship VS $45k, Plat $24.3k, Plat $10.7k | Amex: Delta Reserve $50k | Citi: DC WE MC $28.8k | Discover: It $22.5k | Barclays: Juniper $15.25k | USAA: PCR VS $15k, RA $5k | UMB: SR VS $15k | PenFed: Path VS $20k, Plat Rew VS $15k | Synchrony: Lowes’s store $25k | Truist: Bright $10.5k, Bright $6.5k | Cap1: Venture1 Plat MC $10.3k, Kohls store $3k | Comenity: MyCash MC $17.5k | Wells Fargo: AC $10.3k | TD Bank: Target MC $6k (Reports as retail card despite now being MC) | BoA: CCR VS $30k | Affinity FCU: Premium VS $25k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.