Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Personal Loan Approved

tag
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

AMEX Personal Loan Approved

Wanted to post about this since I didn't see many post when I was looking. Went to the AMEX personal loan pre-approval page yesterday and saw that I was pre-approved for up to $24.3k at no more than 9.98%. Went ahead and applied because I want to pay off a higher APR loan. I received a message that they needed more time or info. Called in to check status and they just wanted to verify it was me. Instant approved for the $8.5k I asked for at 9.98% for 36 months. Crazy thing was I was approved and signed docs at 5pm EST and had the money in my bank account this morning (the next day). No HP or anything for the loan. I've been loving building my relationship with AMEX and very thankful for the info I've learned here.

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Personal Loan Approved

Outstanding! Good work. It sounds like it was worth leaving the garden for such a good deal.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's crazy fast!

No HP but I assume they soft pull from EX?  What are your scores like, number of inquiries, new accounts, etc?

I didn't even realize Amex offered loans, but they are a bank, so naturally it would make sense that they'd do loans, too.

Message 3 of 25
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that's crazy fast!

No HP but I assume they soft pull from EX?  What are your scores like, number of inquiries, new accounts, etc?

I didn't even realize Amex offered loans, but they are a bank, so naturally it would make sense that they'd do loans, too.

I assumed they did SP. My EXP is 693, TU 716, EQ 714 Inq: Probably 20 on each in last 24 months. New Accounts: Too Many, Been rebuilding Util: 5%

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Good rate. I'd be interested in seeing an offer but I guess they randomly select based on your profile. I'm at a 724EX and have several accounts with them... Maybe in time one will pop up.

Message 5 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I just did this too with Amex. Got a pre approval on my account site. Logged in filled out the form online. No hard pull, no POI and money was in the bank the next day with the stated apr they said on the pre approval. It was the easiest thing I have ever done. This was my first personal loan. I had some home improvement things I wanted to do and the finance charge was less than taking out a project loan.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that amazes me that Amex's credit card wing involves their personal loan wing, which I assume are totally different departments!

How long have you had your Amex account for?  Was the offer literally on your account main page, or in a section off the main account page?

Message 7 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Amex told me to go to this site. https://www.americanexpress.com/us/personal-loans/ to check for pre approval. You can also try www.americanexpress.com/apl  to see if you have an offer.

Message 8 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that amazes me that Amex's credit card wing involves their personal loan wing, which I assume are totally different departments!

How long have you had your Amex account for?  Was the offer literally on your account main page, or in a section off the main account page?

I have had my account a little over a year. I posted recently how they offered me a apr drop, personal loan and a CLI all in one week on the credit card board.

Message 9 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

When I called Amex to ask about the offer I saw on my account they told me to go to www.americanexpress.com/apl to see if I still had the offer.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.