Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Personal Loan Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Personal Loan Approved

Very cool!  And rates as low as 6.99% for "excellent" credit is really competitive.  Good to know -- I haven't done a personal loan in my entire life, but I can envision taking advantage of a low interest rate versus using a credit card especially if there are no prepayment penalties.  Last year's nearly $10,000 emergency boiler replacement hit me at a bad time but thankfully my emergency fund covered the 2 months it took to pay back.  If I could have gotten a 10% loan for 4 months I would have done it in a heartbeat!

Nice to know that Amex's other departments reach out to credit card holders in as little as a year.

How many inquiries/new accounts did you have when you applied?

Message 11 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I have about 10 inq most will fall off in Mar of next year because they were mortgage. But I did just take 1 new one to open my USAA limitless account in Sept or Oct forget which month. My scores are in the 720s range now since the new limitless account hit. You can do the process and get your rate and everything on the site with no hard pull just for fun to see if and how much you qualify for it doesn't actually go through until you hit the submit button. 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm holding off on ever prequalifying anything on Amex for now since I literally just got my first Amex with them in 15 years (BCP) and want to get the 61 day 3X CLI lol.  Don't want to rock boats, poke bears or put ketchup on hotdogs here.

Message 13 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

LOL Gotcha but always nice to know it is there if you ever do feel like poking the bear just a little.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm holding off on ever prequalifying anything on Amex for now since I literally just got my first Amex with them in 15 years (BCP) and want to get the 61 day 3X CLI lol.  Don't want to rock boats, poke bears or put ketchup on hotdogs here.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely!

Another reminder that treating Amex well means they'll be able to treat you well in return!  Glad they let me back in the door -- I never actually charged off on them but I did let a secured Amex charge card go 120D and they used my secured balance to PIF and close it.  This was forever ago, also weird to think that Amex had a secured charge card!

Message 15 of 25
rom828
Established Contributor

Congrats on the loan and nice APR!

If I'm understanding correctly from the posts I've been reading,  it's a soft pull and docs are handled electronically.

Curious as to what all is needed so I can  have my ducks in a row

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 16 of 25
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

All docs were online. It was a simple fill out your name, address, SSN and income and then electronic sig hit submit. Boom next day money in the bank that simple. No hp at all.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats everyone I got the same for 4500 signed online today can take up to 2 weeks it says no rush though as i'm going to pay off a higher loan

Message 18 of 25
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your loan approval!

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

appreciate it, now just wished they would give me the spg card lol

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.