Established Contributor

Re: AMEX personal loan Q

Yes, no HP.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LittleSal wrote:
Does AMEX do a SP or HP if you are pre-approved for one of their loans? I have been seeing the pop up approval when I log in. Also does the loan appear listed in the app if accepted? Thanks

There is no HP to accept the loan.  I have an Iphone and I can't see or pay the loan with the mobile app.  I use my desktop to make a loan payment, see the balance, etc.  You can however log into the global site without the mobile app and see your loan if you want to do something on a mobile phone.  I just wish it was integrated into the app.

Message 12 of 15
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Great info! Thank you for the replies.
Message 13 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LittleSal wrote:
Does AMEX do a SP or HP if you are pre-approved for one of their loans? I have been seeing the pop up approval when I log in. Also does the loan appear listed in the app if accepted? Thanks

There is no HP to accept the loan.  I have an Iphone and I can't see or pay the loan with the mobile app.  I use my desktop to make a loan payment, see the balance, etc.  You can however log into the global site without the mobile app and see your loan if you want to do something on a mobile phone.  I just wish it was integrated into the app.

When I had my Amex installment loan the same was true with the Android app... my cards were there, but the loan was not. 

It's easy enough to work-around by logging in to the full site either with a mobile browser or on a computer, but it's curious why they would do that, since the installment loan account number is even formatted like an Amex credit card account number.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

My guess is it is kept either in a different record set: different table or different database.

There is often a feature gap, can see they even with the myFICO or many other financial services apps, but something like this wouldn’t be hard to update: probably in their app roadmap at some point.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.