Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU checking account

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Affinity FCU checking account

A few months ago, I wanted to apply for FCU membership but did not receive any response. I think, they had issue with one of my locked credit accounts while I guess they might used also Chexsystems. I assume it was denied.

One week ago, I applied for a checking account in another bank and I am waiting for the results. This will be my only new checking account in this year, if it gets approved.

Is it a good timing for me to apply for FCU checking account? I heard that they are Chexsystems sensitive. Shall I wait for a few days or weeks to apply for this checking account? My plan is opening a checking account and afterward, going for its Cash Rewards credit card.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU checking account

I had numerous chex Inq's when I apped for membership with affinity, opened checking and smart saver accounts. 

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

A few months ago, I wanted to apply for FCU membership but did not receive any response. I think, they had issue with one of my locked credit accounts while I guess they might used also Chexsystems. I assume it was denied.

One week ago, I applied for a checking account in another bank and I am waiting for the results. This will be my only new checking account in this year, if it gets approved.

Is it a good timing for me to apply for FCU checking account? I heard that they are Chexsystems sensitive. Shall I wait for a few days or weeks to apply for this checking account? My plan is opening a checking account and afterward, going for its Cash Rewards credit card.

I had several Chexsystems Inquiries when I was approved for Affinity FCU

I am pretty sure they want to "SP" your Experian report as well. (needs to be unlocked/unfroze)

"Program participants will receive their updated FICO® Score 8 based on EXPERIAN data on a quarterly basis, when available."

Message 3 of 9
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Then, I will apply again soon. Thanks for all feedbacks.

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 9
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

My checking account got approved and opened. Do you recommend applying for FCU Cash Rewards CC right now or wait for a few days to set up the account completely and receive e.g. pre-approved offer for CC?

For checking, the SP was on Experian and I guess, it will be used for HP, if I apply for CC.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xenon3030 wrote:

My checking account got approved and opened. Do you recommend applying for FCU Cash Rewards CC right now or wait for a few days to set up the account completely and receive e.g. pre-approved offer for CC?

For checking, the SP was on Experian and I guess, it will be used for HP, if I apply for CC.

You should get a pre-approval for the credit card and loan offers every quarter from Affinity, at the same time when they generate your free FICO score. I highly recommend waiting until then (sometime in January, not sure the date). I believe the pre-approval will show you the limit and interest rate you qualify for; if it isn't satisfactory for you just wait until the next quarte.

Message 6 of 9
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Waiting for one quarter would be a bit late here Smiley Wink. I applied for the card and let's see the results. It is under review, crossing the fingers and wish that it gets approved and arrived before end of the year Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 9
morethan20yaks
New Contributor

I opened an account in November. Spoke to a rep who told me I she thinks I already missed the boat for the Q1 FICO/prequal batch update, and to expect to see my first prequal activity Q2 2022. I'll be stoked if it's sooner, but I'm not holding my breath.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my first FICO score and I signed up for membership/checking in the beginning of September. I don't see any preapproved offers yet so I'm hoping that will update in the beginning of January...I really want Affinity's Visa Rewards card. I'm also super impressed with their checking account...the external transfer limits are generous, easy to make wire payments online, and it's just an all around great checking account (plus their savings is great too!). I thought it was a nice touch that they overnight your debit card too!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.