cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU shared branch coop working for you?

tag
kremonis
Regular Contributor

Affinity FCU shared branch coop working for you?

AffinityFCU.com participates in the Coop shared branch ATM's and locations. I have tried to make a shared branch deposit twice for Affinity FCU. Both attempts failed while shared branch deposit for other CU's were successful.

Has anybody made successful shared branch deposits with Affinity FCU?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU shared branch coop working for you?

OP I have found Affinity's customer service to be excellent so I would reach out to them and let them know what you're experiencing, and ask for clarity on exactly what transactions are allowed at these shared locations.

My only other suggestions would be 1) filter the search you linked above to "deposit accepting ATM's" and give that a try instead of a branch sharing location, or 2) Move money around with Zelle.  This is how I have made all of my deposits into my Affinity accounts.  Zelle deposits are instant, so it has not been an issue for me.

Please update us to let us know whether you are able to resolve this issue.

Message 2 of 4
nzins

I had this issue as well when I opened my Affinity FCU checking account. I'm pretty sure they disable shared branching for accounts by default - @LawStudentCivilis is correct that you need to give them a call and their customer service can enable shared branching. 

Message 3 of 4
kremonis
Regular Contributor

@nzins 

Thanks for the insight. I emailed Affinity FCU asking them to enable this feature. I just wished they were more transparent about it

@LawStudentCivilis 

I use Zelle also to meet debit card usage requirements. However Zelle has some limitations:

1. Zelle transactions are not instant for me. They take a few days to clear. Co-op shared branch deposits post that same day.

2. Your bank has to be apart of the Zelle network to work. Some of mine are not.

3. Zelle has deposit and withdrawal limitations that don't always work for me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.