Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm Financing

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Affirm Financing

I was browsing through Jomashop watches today and noticed they have a financing option called Affirm. I searched Google and haven't been able to find much information about them such as what CR they pull, how it reports, etc... Does anybody have any insight into Affirm?

image.png

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Affirm Financing

I found the merchant FAQ. I guess they only Soft Pull to make a decision:

http://help.merchants.affirm.com/article/76-faqs-to-equip-customer-service-teams

image.png

Message 2 of 53
Guinness
Contributor

I used Affirm on Tradsey for  high end handbags.  Its pretty easy soft pull loan (not sure who they softpull).  It also does not report to the CRs  I did 3 loans with them each over $1000 paid them off real quick better option for me than a CC reporting a high credit card balance....

Message 3 of 53
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Guinness!
Message 4 of 53
ddemari
Super Contributor

of course i had to try it out and did it. i assume they are going to deposit the money into my checking account? lol? way too easy. i only did it as the other poster said no hard pull and no mention of accont on CRA's. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 9.46.24 PM.png

Message 5 of 53
ddemari
Super Contributor

this affirm site is addicting ifu let it. the apr's I have received are 15%. no soft pull alert from Ex or EQ. so im thinkig its TU. the truth and lending agreement doesnt say anyting about your score used or what it is. 

Message 6 of 53
Guinness
Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

this affirm site is addicting ifu let it. the apr's I have received are 15%. no soft pull alert from Ex or EQ. so im thinkig its TU. the truth and lending agreement doesnt say anyting about your score used or what it is. 

When I used it on Tradsey it paid for the item I purchased kinda like Paypal or a credit card.  Easy peasy Smiley Happy  Love how it doesnt report on CR.  What web site did you go on to apply for the affirm loan?

Message 7 of 53
Officer737
Established Contributor

I have used them for scuba gear. It is a soft pull and they do not report to the bureaus, unless you don't pay. They pay the reatil place directly anf then you pay Affirm. After you get your account setup, if your score is good and have some room left on your approval.....you can add cards and they will scan purchases and make other loans available and those they do deposit into your account as you have already paid for them. 

Message 8 of 53
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I tried it too but got "unable to verify identity". Strange, I've been at the same address for 12 months, none of my reports are frozen and they texted me the PIN.
Message 9 of 53
ddemari
Super Contributor

Easy easy easy lol. Sorry that happened B! They scanned my cards, and offered me 3 loans and then i stopped. 3-5 days wait time till funds are deposited into my checking account.
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.